Vinyl Floor turning tan/ orange

I have exactly the same problem with my 2016 Bennington. It appears to me we have the same vinyl flooring. It is not sunscreen or bug spray. It started last summer and is getting worse. Dealer suggested to use the “303” brand cleaner. No improvement. Salesman says not his area, service has never heard of such a thing. Guess it’s back to service, I’m getting my teeth into this issue. Photos show back deck no problem. View attachment 33255View attachment 33256View attachment 33257
How much sun exposure does your back deck get compared to interior where all the discoloration is?

Contact Bennington, you may have the bad glue .Contact info is above your post .
Thank you Jack. Waiting to hear back from my dealer after sending him my pictures this morning but think I will go ahead and call Bennington directly. Thanks again.

Going through your dealer is the best way to start, they should have the hull id's of the bad glue units .

Keep us posted! Always interested in how things work out for ya. Fingers crossed!
Good news. Bennington is covering vinyl floor replacement under warranty. I just have to take my boat back to my dealer in January ( middle of snow season) and Bennington is sending new vinyl to the dealer. Tobler Marina, my dealer says it should take 3-5 days to do the replacement.

Did you have the bad glue?

Picked my boat up from my dealer two days ago. Bennington covered the new floor under warranty. I thought they were just going to replace the discolored portion of vinyl flooring at the stern and leave the carpet that covered the rest of the boat. I was surprised to see that they replaced the entire deck with new vinyl . The old look and new look.

Attachments

• 1317072C-D7B1-4D70-B31E-380CFD8BD772.jpeg
    1317072C-D7B1-4D70-B31E-380CFD8BD772.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 30
  • 98DBAFE9-ABDE-49B0-B942-1EBD584CEEEF.jpeg
    98DBAFE9-ABDE-49B0-B942-1EBD584CEEEF.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 38398F77-0948-433A-8124-30012A47DF4C.jpeg
    38398F77-0948-433A-8124-30012A47DF4C.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 30
Picked my boat up from my dealer two days ago. Bennington covered the new floor under warranty. I thought they were just going to replace the discolored portion of vinyl flooring at the stern and leave the carpet that covered the rest of the boat. I was surprised to see that they replaced the entire deck with new vinyl . The old look and new look.
Looks great Wayne! Glad it got taken care of. With it done under warranty, no half measures there. I hope you have a great summer ahead on your Bennington.

Thanks Wayne. I contacted them as well as the local dealer - from what I am being told the original owner never registered for the warranty. I am unsure how many owners the boat has had but I am not the second owner (I am however the first to try to register as owner/and receive what may be left of a warranty). I was hoping that an issue such as this would be taken care of outside of the warranty as it was a known defect. I love showing off the boat to friends and neighbors but they notice the floor and ask about it :(

Last edited:
2016’s had a 7 year, one time transferable, warranty. So depending on original purchase date, it could already be up. However, if its already been resold more than once, you’d be out of luck whether or not the warranty had been previously transfered.

As for original owner, the warranty would have come with the boat for them. Register upon sale by original dealership. But warranty transfer by second owner would have to have been buyer or seller initiated through a Bennington dealer.

yeah, it actually has a few months left, purchase date was 07/16/2016 however it has had several owners. The local dealer doesn't even show record of original owner name. I'll replace the floor in a couple of years, not too bad now. Poor boat was in salt water and not cared for so trying to replace all the corroded parts. A lot of salt build up on it. She is safely in freshwater now and will receive a lot of TLC.

Do you know if the motor was flushed after each use? You may want to have that checked out .

A Yamaha tech checked it out and performance diagnostics etc., all checked out good. It has 217 hours on it, appears to have just sat on a lift for 2 years (without use). We did a full service on it (had not been serviced since 2017, I assume maybe the break in service). Check out this fuel filter photo....such a shame to treat a beautiful boat like that!!

Attachments

• Fuel filter.jpg
    Fuel filter.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 11
As long as it's running good . Sounds like you gave her a good home now .

Back