What color to pick- so hard to decide

Having a hard time deciding which color combo looks best or Champagne only. So hard to choose .... H

• Champagne/Matador Red accent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black/Matador Red accent

• Champagne/Black accent

• Champagne-no accent

• Regatta Blue-no accent

• Total voters
Are you sure you want to go to a boat show now?

Funny thing is, so many boats, and I only went on a couple, but the only one I sat down and talked to someone, was a Bennington. 

Talked to a fine young man named Sam, a local Bennington rep. 

Probably still time to change up to an R!! Haha! Happy to hear you have made the decision. The worst is the wait. 

Of course you realize that you are actually setting yourself up to be reinfected with PADS quite quickly..... You don't have to ask how I know!  I only wish I could get the hours out on mine that you do. I guess if I could then I wouldn't be trying to sell it. 43 hours in about 2 and a half seasons just isn't right! 

If you have any desire to do stereo upgrades or lighting, or whichever, talk to them now and see if they can run some pull rope for you during the build, very handy!

Hahaha...no changes!! Wife laid down the law.  :blink:

No underskinning (like I need it) so I can run easily underneath once water warms up. I ran my Garmin transducer swap last year in the water. Just walked underneath in 3-4' (little over a meter ;) ) of water. Only thing I'm probably gonna do is a Simrad GO5. 

myv10

My boat came in two weeks ago and my dealer is asking (read requiring) me to pay now. Says they have to pay right away so we do too. Made it seem like standard procedure. didn't seem right to me to have warranties and all start 3 months before we could even get it in the water. Not mention we have to begin insuring it while it is still in their custody.

What have others' experiences been?

Boat arrived in February,I did not have to pay until  delivery in May .

All dealers have different policies .

Both of mine have been paid when they arrived in the winter. 

Cap'n Mel,

You have to be kidding! You ordered your boat. You had an idea when the boat was to be delivered. It is at the dealer. You need to pick your boat up or it should be part of your dealers inventory to sell to whomever may buy it now. Do you really think the dealer should be responsible for the cost of your boat until it is convenient for you. If you had a pickup date later than it arrived and your dealer had agreed, than you have standing. Other wise, we need to support our dealers to. They are in business to provide us with products we want. With out them we would not have support for our products.

My dealer requires payment when boat is delivered. How ever we set the date for delivery at the end of April. This allows me to try the boat immediately and to make sure all systems work. I ordered the boat in September, but the dealer waited to put the order in. Alot of factors come into play, delivery charges on a full truck load of boats are cheaper to the dealer, rather than delivering 1 boat at a time, the lesser delivery charge is not passed on to the customer so the dealer makes some profit. Plus, I am sure that the manufacturer will carry the cost of the boats until delivery, only makes good business sense.

I would think the dealer owns the boats on delivery and they are held against a line of credit. I very much doubt Bennington is floating the cost of inventory. They are a manufacturer not a bank.

Dealer payment should have been a discussion up front. Sadly you must not have been informed of the intended payment process by your dealer. My dealer ordered, based on delivery early-mid March, with payment intended when it hits the dock appx. April 1st., and after we verify boat and options are correct. Every dealer does it different. 

We paid the balance the day the dealer picked it up at Bennington.

Wow CapKaz - didn't mean to get you all worked up! Deep breaths...

To the others, thanks for the replies! I was just checking to see what others had experienced. Sounds like it's all over the board. We knew we had to pay when it arrived even though we are not taking delivery until the end of April. Can't take delivery until then as the lakes are iced-in and no way to prop and water test until then. The warranty issue is my main concern, the money has been sitting in the bank since Oct!

Paying for the boat is one thing during the winter. But I believe other dealers have delayed the actual warranty start date to when the boat is delivered.I can't remember the thread that info was contained in. Either way, talk to the dealer about the concern. Hopefully they will try to start working more closely with you! Good luck.

Also, depending on the motor warranty you might have less warranty if you wait. I know Yamaha runs off season promotions and the warranty needs to be started before a particular date. So waiting until April might cost you 2 - 3 years of motor warranty.

Get the matador red w/ the black accent.   Look at my boat.  Love it!   Get so many compliments on the water. 

Get the matador red w/ the black accent.   Look at my boat.  Love it!   Get so many compliments on the water. 

Holy late feed back batman  .......  :D

Yup, ordered duplicate of yours except it's a 23GCW. 

Oh my .... top right ....  :wub:

22404477-ACE6-48CF-AE1E-CDFA3E55AF04.jpg

Back