What do you do while on the water?

Spoiledrotten

Reaction score
Aside from the obvious, if you have a family full of small kids that like to ride the tubes, what do you do on the toon when out for hours at a time? My wife and I don't fill our boat up with a bunch of people so it's usually just the two of us. We found a rectangle card table that fits just right, as well as the perfect match for our upholstery, so we'll take a game of Phase 10 or something. We also enjoy just sitting around and reading from the ipad (forums for me), while sipping a glass of wine (I make my own), and listening to the music. We also jnjoy waiting until around sunset, anchor on a beautiful spot of The Rez, and watch the sun set behind the horizon while sipping on another little glass of wine.

Just curious what most of you do for a quiet evening on your boat. 

In the evening. while nobody is looking we try walking on the water. Heard somewhere that someone once did it. We've tried any number of times without luck.
Let me know when/if you get that accomplished. I'd like to meet you face to face. I've heard that one actually walked with him on the water. I believe his name was Peter. But he only did it for a few feet, then had to grab a helping hand. Something about faith getting a little weak at the moment. Keep trying and with the right help, I'm sure you can do it. ;)

We take 2 family members most of the time and just fish and take pics, I go out alot by myself to fish and take pics also. We don't take kids on the boat and we would get bored just riding around ourself but that's just us. I'd like to do some knee boarding but I'm not sure how a 115hp would do pulling a 200lb guy?

Depends if anyone is looking!! Haha

You can kneeboard with the 115 no problem, we did it with my 90 and bigger people than 200lbs! 

When it's just the wife and I, and people are looking :D , she will just sit there soaking up sun. I on the otherhand can't stand to just sit there doing nothing. So a lot of times I will just keep casting a line and reeling it in. Could care less if I catch something since I'd just throw it back anyway. I also spend a lot of time dreaming about how, what and where I could add more stereo gear. My wife usually asks me what the heck I'm doing when I start looking under things and thinking, I tell her, and she tells me to stop! Haha. Plus I man the playlist for music! Must say I was really pleased with how well my sirius xm app worked yesterday!  Bluetooth to the head unit, although the bass output was lacking compared to playing from my actual playlist.

Lawn darts.

We like to go out in the middle of the Tennessee River, sit and watch the sunset. 

We also do a lot of cruising to the far reaches of the lake housewatching.  A large percentage of our lakefront property is inhabited by extremely plush and expensive homes averaging 5500 square feet and going up to 28,000 square feet. 

We are truly blessed to have a small lake house and boathouse with a 6 mile water view to the West.

Eat, sleep, drink, listen to music, and be merry.

Fish, sleep (that rocking back & forth is like a baby cradle), just cruise slowly around the lake .......... Sometimes we just anchor in a cove and sit for hours.

Whole idea for us is to do NOTHING real important ,........ :wub:   

My wife and I like to pick up some take out, launch the boat and watch the sun go down while we eat and take in a beverage or two. When the kids are with us, tubes, knee boards, wake boards, skis, swimming, beaching, consume 100% of our time.

We are usually cruising and most of the time that includes a pub crawl.  Rafting up with friends is always a great time but now and then we like to bring our floats and lay in them with a Mich Ultra, not sure if I have a pix of that but we do enjoy it

We were recently slowly cruising around the lake one afternoon and my girlfriend told me she was suprised and thought with the way I normaly drive the boat on had one speed WOT. We like to swim, tube, kneeboard, take sunset cruises, night cruises, grill (do supper a lot after work) and just ride around on the lake and enjoy the sites. Not much into fishing have a fear of hooks and sharp objects on my boat. With the lounge on the back and the grandson at the helm I realy enjoy just cruising.

Back