What is the meaning behind your username?

I am pretty sure mine speaks for itself!! LOL

:D

Interesting…. Mine is a carry over from my car forum Hellcat.org. It's a play on two things….the Hellcat I drive which is a 707hp 6.2L supercharged Hemi—— 7+6.2+Cat and the 762 is also a tribute to my 21yrs in the Marine Corps as in 7.62mm which of course is the caliber of most medium machine guns and many precision rifles. Also made famous in the movie Full Metal Jacket by one Private Pile back when the Corps was still issuing the M14.

Interesting…. Mine is a carry over from my car forum Hellcat.org. It's a play on two things….the Hellcat I drive which is a 707hp 6.2L supercharged Hemi—— 7+6.2+Cat and the 762 is also a tribute to my 21yrs in the Marine Corps as in 7.62mm which of course is the caliber of most medium machine guns and many precision rifles. Also made famous in the movie Full Metal Jacket by one Private Pile back when the Corps was still issuing the M14.
Thank You for your service and welcome home. I did M60's from Huey's.

FMJ... one of the best movies made.

I wish it was a more interesting story. Years ago I had to make up my first email address, not being particularly quick thinking that day all I could come up with to meet the criteria was Mike31406; my name and the zip code of where we lived at the time (Savannah, Georgia.). Furthermore it was simply the first thing that came to mind when creating my profile for this forum.

Last edited:
A very good friend of mine watched a documentary on Badgers and he decided it suited me. In his words, "they are not very social but they are loyal, tenacious, and never give up. If they want the honeycomb in the beehive they keep going after it until the bees give up and the badger gets the honeycomb, no matter how many times he is stung in the face and body". I thought is was funny. Not sure it is a good thing. For lack of a better idea for a username I've been using it ever since.

Hehe, love the "Honey badger don't care" video! Lots of amazing facts about honey badgers, worth watching some videos. They get bitten by snakes and what would kill most, just puts them to sleep for a couple hours! Not to mention that there thick rubber like skin is pretty much impervious to arrows and machetes. Or the fact that there skin is "loose" enough that if they get attacked on their back they can spin around inside there skin and attack the attacker! Very cool little animal.

Got a Bennington 22 SSRX a couple of weeks ago and just joined this forum a moment ago...started snooping around and saw this topic.

I used to sing opera, and there is an opera by Giuseppe Verdi called "Il Trovatore" - The Troubador. Always liked the word "Trovatore" (the Troubador's name is also a great one - Manrico), and he gets to sing some great music. A character like that should be driving a muscle boat, but family comes first, so this Troubador has got a really neat tritoon! :)

Farfar is Swedish for father's father. This is what my son's family call me.

Did you look that up to be sure? It could be American baby talk for "Old Fart".

Mine is because I don't like to be tickled . . . "nah, tickle." Or maybe the comma changes it to "nah, go ahead and tickle?" Either way the comma is silent. :rolleyes:

My username is a combination of my favorite baseball team (I thought it would be cool to follow a team from their inception), and the 69 is representative of my birth year. My dream car is any muscle car from 69.

I look forward to hearing your comments and reasons.

-Jared
Years ago... let's say 1991... when I was installing Microsoft Office on my Dell 486SX/33 computer via two-dozen floppy disks, I did not enter my name when it asked on the registration screen. It defaulted to AuthorizedUser and it just stuck with me. For nearly 30 years.

Back