Winter over yet in Michigan...?

The entire inland waterway level is down about 6 inches since last week . Cheboygan locks have been opened ,because a very rich  individual has complained about property erosion .

Last edited by a moderator:
The entire inland waterway level is down about 6 inches since last week . Cheboygan locks have been opened ,because a very rich  individual has complained about property erosion .

What impact does that have on the peasants?  Is there still enough water to navigate?

There are already some low spots in the river on the way to Burt Lake ( haven't been to Mullett yet this year ) At the sand bar we have to move our spot further out ,not a big deal . You just need to be aware 

Is it too soon to revive this thread??? Boat has been put away for a little over three weeks and it feels like an eternity!

We need a dislike button!!!! I was down in AZ for two weeks and it was in the upper 90's and sunny everyday. Now if only they had some water to live on!

We've gotten a cool snap in the weather in the last couple of days. Supposed to be around 78* tomorrow evening, so guess what the little wife and I will be doing. Yep, time for another sunset cruise on The Rez. ;)

I feel you on missing the boat. The reality that ours may have to come out yearly much earlier than we anticipated due to lake water levels has been a rude late summer epiphany for us.:(

I’m trying to salvage the situation with a focus on winter and snowmobiling in the next couple of months. :D

Those UPers are pretty good at photo-shopping... :)

Our second oldest son heads back up to college at Northern Michigan University in Marquette this Friday. He’s been on winter break this past month. I think he has enjoyed being away from the intensity of a UP winter while home on break.

From last week to this week has been a crazy temp flip flop all the way across the state. We are up to our cottage this weekend with company, but I am not sure we’ll have the type of conditions to do a lot on the lake, or snowmobile trails. We’ll see...

The entire inland waterway level is down about 6 inches since last week . Cheboygan locks have been opened ,because a very rich individual has complained about property erosion .

If these people are so rich, why can't they afford a decent sea wall to protect their property?

Back