Here is the difference for both 150s note amps and cc for both and
In-Line Four-Cylinder
In-Line 4 Cyclinder

DISPLACEMENT​

2785cc (170 ci)
2670 cc (Mechanical) / 2785 cc (DEC)

BORE & STROKE​

96 x 96.2mm (3.78 x 3.79 in)
94x96.2mm (Mechanical) / 96x96.2 mm (DEC)

RPM RANGE​

5,000-6,000
5000-6000

COMPRESSION RATIO​

10.3:1
9.0:1 (Mechanical) / 10.3:1 (DEC)

INDUCTION SYSTEM​

EFI (DOHC) with variable camshaft timing (VCT)
DOHC Electronic Fuel Injection

ALTERNATOR OUTPUT​

50 Amps
36 Amps (Mechanical) / 50 Amps (DEC)

FUEL DELIVERY​

Multi-point electronic fuel injection

STARTING​

Electric w/PTT
Electric w/ PTT

IGNITION​

TCI Microcomputer
TCI microcomputer

LUBRICATION​

Wet sump
Wet Sump

DEGREE OF TRIM/TILT​

-4° through +16°
-4° through +16°/70°

EXHAUST​

Through Propeller
Through Prop

COOLING​

Thermostatic Control
Water/Thermostatic Control

GEAR SHIFT​

F/N/R
F/N/R

GEAR RATIO​

28/14 (2.0:1)
14:28 (2.00)

FUEL & LUBRICATION​

VCT.

There is no bulletins on the SHO 150 with bennington . I have a new 2022 SXXR on order with the SHO 150 I am like you and have done my homework for me the 150 is all I will need for power and speed

I really appreciate all the feedback and input. I agree the best motor is by far the 200 v6 vmax. But when I look at what I'll primarily be doing which is pulling a tub around 20 mph and that I still need to buy 2 jet skis I've decided to just stick with the f150. I understand I'm losing some hole shot and top end, but in looking at fuel economy and total price I'm going the cheaper route.

Maybe I'll regret it, but I can always buy a new Bennington in 5 years.

Cheers and Merry Christmas
Take the feedback, make a decision that's best for you, and don't look back. Congrats on doing just that.

There is no bulletins on the SHO 150 with bennington . I have a new 2022 SXXR on order with the SHO 150 I am like you and have done my homework for me the 150 is all I will need for power and speed
So you decided to go with the sho 150 vs the regular i4 150? What was your cost difference and what made you decide on sho vs regular?

Have you asked your dealer about availability? That may make your decision for you

My dealer ordered his demo the same time as I ordered my Q. He ordered a Yamaha 350 for it ,but he was thinking of changing to Mercury because of availability. But since he has a production date ,that is no longer an option

The price was $ 1600 more than the reg F150 but unless you go digital controls the motor is 2.7 SHO 2.8 amps F150 36 SHO 50 amps VCT with SHO no valve timing with theF150 . You get better mid range and hole shot and overall stronger performance with the SHO but both are great motors. side note the SHO needs 89 the F150 87 octane

Yamahas are really hard to get right now from what I've learned.

No, theyre closed until new years. Just gives me time to chase stuff I should just stop looking at. Almost went and bought a bowrider that was in stock, haha
As a former longtime bow rider owner and fan, take my word for it that that would be a big mistake.

As a former longtime bow rider owner and fan, take my word for it that that would be a big mistake.
Yup. Why sit in the shed when you can sit in the living room

Ha
Have to admit I loved our bowrider/1st boat. But then we bought our 1st pontoon boat......We had so much more room, comfort and still had power!

No, theyre closed until new years. Just gives me time to chase stuff I should just stop looking at. Almost went and bought a bowrider that was in stock, haha
I was referring to this post

Doesn't "long time" bowrider owner eliminate the Bennington ? How long have they made bowriders ?

Probably a couple years now.

Anyone know why the 175 Vmax SHO isnt being offered by Bennington any longer? Wonder if this a Yamaha thing or a Bennington money thing.

Availability from Yamaha ?

Back