Your 2021 College Football Thread

Congrats Jeff.
I hope Wisconsin figures things out before the big dance. Their last 2 games have been less than mediocre.

This time of year will drive you crazy. The ups and downs of hoops can be pretty crazy. Tough game for the Badgers, but you’ll be ready for the tournament. As for us, I am thrilled after the last 4 weeks to be in the semifinals. I am hopeful we are getting back to Spartan basketball now that its March.

I'm an Iowa fan for the next 2 days!

MSU is always tough come tournament time!!!

Wow! Haven't seen Purdue this year! They can play!

Jeff, How are them fingernails holding up? Got 'em gnawed down to stubs yet?

Great matchup! MSU is throwing everything at Purdue!

Great game! MSU has nothing to hang their heads about!

Well. That was tough to watch.

Fingernails are fine. Bruised a finger slapping my hand though… :rolleyes:

Iowa v Purdue should be an exciting game tomorrow for the championship.

Great game!!! Happy for Iowa!!!

Jeff, MSU plays Davidson in the 1st round. A small college about 20 mins. from our house. Famous for being the school Steph Curry went to. We've gone to their games since moving here 7 yrs. ago. They play sound fundamental basketball. That being said.....I've seen both teams play. I don't think Davidson can hang with MSU......

Jeff, MSU plays Davidson in the 1st round. A small college about 20 mins. from our house. Famous for being the school Steph Curry went to. We've gone to their games since moving here 7 yrs. ago. They play sound fundamental basketball. That being said.....I've seen both teams play. I don't think Davidson can hang with MSU......
Good game by Iowa. You enjoying that one Bill? I was leaning Purdue, but only because I am not a fan of Iowa’s head coach, McCaffery. That said, Iowa played well, and earned that title.

Davidson is solid. I was surprised they lost to Richmond. Foster Loyer, our former team captain plays for them now (transfer). He was also Mr. Basketball for the State of Michigan his senior year. Great young man! Very good player. He adds an extra touch of “interesting” to that matchup.

I remember Curry and Davidson’s run in the Tourney back in the day. They were my underdog favorite Curry’s final year.

Normally I’d be pulling for Davidson because of Curry’s ties there and especially now with Loyer playing there. Bummed I will be rooting against them now. That said, I am hearing a lot from the “talking heads” of basketball that they like Davidson in our matchup. Hope that kind of talk fires up my Spartans. However, a victory Friday night against Davidson means yet another matchup against Duke and coach K on his farewell tour. Doesn’t get much tougher than that. Yikes!

Last edited:
Happy for Iowa. My aunt & uncle went there and are big Hawkeye fans!
Plus I have a soft spot for the western B1G teams.

Will be cheering for our football nemesis SDSU Jacks, hoping they can win one, maybe two if the stars line up correctly!

I am not expecting as much out of the Badgers as the experts are.
They have played like ass their last 2 games.

Last edited:
Good game by Iowa. You enjoying that one Bill? I was leaning Purdue, but only because I am not a fan of Iowa’s head coach, McCaffery. That said, Iowa played well, and earned that title.

Davidson is solid. I was surprised they lost to Richmond. Foster Loyer, our former team captain plays for them now (transfer). He was also Mr. Basketball for the State of Michigan his senior year. Great young man! Very good player. He adds an extra touch of “interesting” to that matchup.

I remember Curry and Davidson’s run in the Tourney back in the day. They were my underdog favorite Curry’s final year.

Normally I’d be pulling for Davidson because of Curry’s ties there and especially now with Loyer player there. Bummed I will be rooting against them now. That said, I am hearing a lot from the “talking heads” of basketball that they like Davidson in our matchup. Hope that kind of talk fires up my Spartans. However, a victory Friday night against Davidson means yet another matchup against Duke and coach K on his farewell tour. Doesn’t get much tougher than that. Yikes!
Yeah I like that kid Loyer. Too bad he missed that 3 at the end of the Richmond game. It shouldn't have gotten to that anyway. Davidson up 5 or 6 with 1:30 left. Poor shot selection and phantom fouls at the end killed them. MSU is just so much more athletic and versatile than Davidson. Have met and talked to Bob Mckillop a bunch of times. He is God on Davidson's campus and he deserves it! He literally lives right across the street from Belk arena. All the coaches and some players all go to the Brick house (Restaurant/bar) after games where they freely mingle with family and friends. People don't realize that Davidson is a small school and community. It's amazing that they compete in big time D1 basketball with an enrollment of about 1900-2000 students.

Happy for Iowa. My aunt & uncle went there and are bog Hawkeye fans!

Will be cheering for our football nemesis SDSU Jacks, hoping they can win one, maybe two if the stars line up correctly!

C'mon Bill they are a #3 seed. Have faith!!! Now is the time for them to get hot!

Happy for Iowa. My aunt & uncle went there and are big Hawkeye fans!

I watched the Davidson v Richmond game Sunday. Totally agree with you. I thought it was wrapped up, and then the wheels came off. Honestly…reminded me of a few too many MSU games the past 5 weeks. Ha, ha!!!

Back