Your 2021 College Football Thread

It’s good to be “on the board” again as a Spartan with what appears to be a fairly balanced and hard working team. I think our big weakness is corner coverage, but feel good in pretty much all other areas. I am really liking coach Tucker this season. More diverse and aggressive play calling than we‘ve done in some time prior to him. I like it!

The transfer portal has really helped plug some key holes for us, and accelerated the positive changes this season. It is also great seeing our returning players that were growing up and being recruited when MSU was playing nationally competitive ball, really coming together with these transfers in coach Tuckers system. Very hopeful with the ever competitive Big 10 East schedule ahead of us. That is a juggernaut to get through each season.

All I can say is it's going to be a long season for my Buckeyes. Their defense is awful and this QB needs to be better. I look for 3-4 losses for the Bucks this season. Looks like they ran out of super star defensive ends!

All I can say is it's going to be a long season for my Buckeyes. Their defense is awful and this QB needs to be better. I look for 3-4 losses for the Bucks this season. Looks like they ran out of super star defensive ends!
Perhaps. A lot of young talent on that team. Whether they can meet the challenges of 2021 is out to the jury for the Big Ten east. However, I’d never rule them out with that talent. Sometimes things can begin to ”click” unexpectedly for young players in the midst of a season. And of course (unfortunately ha, ha), you are looking very solid for the next few years. :cool:

All of that said, feel free to “click” AFTER playing my Spartans. ;) No need to rush the process. :p

Well if we can have a few more games as good as last night's Marshall App State game, it's gonna be another great weekend!

That was a good one Bill, thought the Herd had them after the 3rd qtr. A normal Clemson team would make for a bad viewing game on Saturday, but this ain't a normal year. I look for a close game and an L if my Tigers play sloppy.

Bill, how are you holding up at the half? We need the Badgers offense to show up. Did anyone give them the accurate game time?

As a rabid NON-ND football fan, and an offensive oriented person, this first half is killing me. Hoping for a better second half.

Bill, how are you holding up at the half? We need the Badgers offense to show up. Did anyone give them the accurate game time?

As a rabid NON-ND football fan, and an offensive oriented person, this first half is killing me. Hoping for a better second half.
Badgers gonna have a tough time against B1G teams!
Great defense, but gotta move on from Mertz.
He's had enough chances, it's time.

I was thinking the same with Mertz. The 4th quarter was brutal to watch. Just when it looked like it shifted in Wisconsin’s favor in the 3rd, ND just lit it up closing out the game.

Sometimes I hate it when I'm right.........no CFP for my Tigers this year.

I was thinking the same with Mertz. The 4th quarter was brutal to watch. Just when it looked like it shifted in Wisconsin’s favor in the 3rd, ND just lit it up closing out the game.
Nebraska is keeping your Spartans honest.

Busy all day. Didn't see any football. Sorry about Wisconsin and Clemson guys!

My Spartan’s didn’t have a single first down in the second half, and somehow pulled off a 23-30 victory in overtime. Looked bleak, but we somehow found a way to win. An UGLY win, but a win.

Last edited:
Clemson needs to realize their qb is the problem. Not living up to expectations.

Back