Your 2021 College Football Thread

I have never watched a program come unglued like Clemson. It's starting to look like Uiagalelei is not a great college QB. 2nd best coming out of HS and not maintaining. Much like Lawrence just not translating as a pro. If they don't figure out the QB problem.......Pitt will dismantle them

I feel your pain Jimmy, I feel your pain.
Hopefully we can regroup against Illinois Saturday.
It's looking like Wisconsin will be a 3 win team, and that might be optimistic.

I went through this with MSU in the 20-teens Jimmy. A series of amazing seasons and bowl games. Rose bowl, Cotton Bowl, and then Cotton Bowl playoff game, and then a complete falling apart after a run with two great QB’s.

QB change over can be a disaster that upends otherwise solid college teams. After about 4 VERY long seasons of disarray, I am hopeful my Spartans are getting back to nationally competitive ball again.

I went through this with MSU in the 20-teens Jimmy. A series of amazing seasons and bowl games. Rose bowl, Cotton Bowl, and then Cotton Bowl playoff game, and then a complete falling apart after a run with two great QB’s.

QB change over can be a disaster that upends otherwise solid college teams. After about 4 VERY long seasons of disarray, I am hopeful my Spartans are getting back to nationally competitive ball again.

Exactly right. This has plagued Michigan since, well, the late 1800s.

Ohio State is favored by 20 points over Maryland. Might be worse than that! Ha! Then again we should have beat them in 2018 eventually losing 52-51 in OT.

Daril, our teams are competing against each other for the "Who can crap the bed the worst" award!

• No. 37 Maryland (-17): We were maybe a little over our skis with Maryland up at No. 20 last week, especially after it got outclassed by Iowa on Friday night. Now, the Terps fall back to what might be a more appropriate position. Maryland's a top-40 team a high upside thanks to its offense, but it's still a team that needs its best performance and can't afford an off night.
  • No. 63 Wisconsin (-25): A lopsided loss to Notre Dame bounced the Badgers from just inside the top 20 to just inside the top 40, and now the 1-3 Badgers are ranked near the median for all FBS teams. It's a stunning ranking for a team that has played for the Big Ten championship in three of the last five years, but the last two weeks have revealed to our voters that a new set of expectations needs to be applied in 2021.

Jimmy, when was the last time Clemson was outside the top 25?
Tough times indeed.
We can all live vicariously through Vikingstaff! Go Spartans!

Daril, our teams are competing against each other for the "Who can crap the bed the worst" award!

• No. 37 Maryland (-17): We were maybe a little over our skis with Maryland up at No. 20 last week, especially after it got outclassed by Iowa on Friday night. Now, the Terps fall back to what might be a more appropriate position. Maryland's a top-40 team a high upside thanks to its offense, but it's still a team that needs its best performance and can't afford an off night.
  • No. 63 Wisconsin (-25): A lopsided loss to Notre Dame bounced the Badgers from just inside the top 20 to just inside the top 40, and now the 1-3 Badgers are ranked near the median for all FBS teams. It's a stunning ranking for a team that has played for the Big Ten championship in three of the last five years, but the last two weeks have revealed to our voters that a new set of expectations needs to be applied in 2021.
Well...... best of luck to Maryland and Wisconsin the rest of the way!!! At least we still have JMU and NDSU to root for! Ha!

I haven't followed JMU too much yet.
Bison have a tough matchup Saturday against UNI (who gave Iowa State a run)

Honestly, from what I've seen thus far I think SDSU Jacks gonna be the team to look out for in FCS
NDSU will make playoffs, but will not go deep into post season play.

I haven't followed JMU too much yet.
Bison have a tough matchup Saturday against UNI (who gave Iowa State a run)

Honestly, from what I've seen thus far I think SDSU Jacks gonna be the team to look out for in FCS
NDSU will make playoffs, but will not go deep into post season play.
You never know.....Anything can happen!

Jimmy, when was the last time Clemson was outside the top 25?
Tough times indeed.
We can all live vicariously through Vikingstaff! Go Spartans!
Been a while Bill. About 7yrs, they had been ranked for 107 straight polls, before this boo boo year. No way to lose this week.....they have a much needed open week. Not only playing poorly but injuries at almost every position. I wouldn't be surprised if Freshman Will Taylor (#16) hangs it up after injury Sat night. He turned down a million$ bonus after being drafted in MLB 1st round. Better listen to daddy.

That's awesome Jimmy!
Thanks for posting!

The media at "work" again .....

Maryland's secondary can't cover anybody! Stroud has about 200 yds. passing and it's early in the 2nd qtr. Might be worse than ugly!

Last edited:
Nice win for MSU Vikingstaff! Wisconsin is looking good Bill!

The explosiveness of a number of our offensive players is exciting to watch this year. Honestly, we are solid in every aspect of the game EXCEPT defensive secondary. Our strong safety is great, but our corners are not up to the task far too often. Anyway, some exciting big plays today, and happy to move to 6-0.

Sorry about Maryland. Ohio State looks to have pulled themselves together after a slower than usual start to their season. That Big Ten east is one tough conference division this year.

Last edited:
The explosiveness of a number of our offensive players is exciting to watch this year. Honestly, we are solid in every aspect of the game EXCEPT defensive secondary. Our strong safety is great, but our corners are not up to the task far too often. Anyway, some exciting big playes today, and happy to move to 6-0.

Sorry about Maryland. Ohio State looks to have pulled themselves together after a slower than usual start to their season. That Big Ten east is one tough conference division this year.
Yeah from what I saw today MSU looked really solid! MD just couldn't hang defensively with OS. Just had no answer to anything they did!

Rough day for both your teams Daril.
That makes for a poopy day.

Back