YOUR pontoon ideas!

• Thread starter Retired Team Member1
  • Start date
Cool, thanks for the info !!!!!

Bought my first Bennington (22 SLX) last week. Must be a Baptist boat because it got baptized (rained on) before I got it home. First disappointment... Helm holds water, and I mean a lot of water (about a coffee cup) in 3 places.

second disappointment... Guys, this is 2013. Anybody who can afford a new Bennington has a smart phone, I-pad, etc. There is no place to set the phone nor I-pad. My I phone has a GPS, Music, etc,etc and it just makes sense to use it in the operation of the boat. You need to get to the drawing board and redesign the helm so an Ipad can be attached front and easily visable.

Not a big issue, but it would be nice if you provided a way to secure the access doors in the open position.

Other than that, I love the boat.

Pop Pop
If you have the Sony DSX-S310BTX Radio ,there is a tray inside for your Iphone or an Ipod

How about a Bow gate hinge that keeps the gate open if it is not closed. When fishing off the front of just floating we like to have it open (dog loves laying there as well). I just use the cup holder and use it as a door stop. I also wish there was a better way for the bimini boot to cover the bimini without having to undo the back two straps. I cannot get the boot on if I do not un snap these.

How about a Bow gate hinge that keeps the gate open if it is not closed. When fishing off the front of just floating we like to have it open (dog loves laying there as well). I just use the cup holder and use it as a door stop. I also wish there was a better way for the bimini boot to cover the bimini without having to undo the back two straps. I cannot get the boot on if I do not un snap these.
You can get the little clip to hold the door open, same idea as in the rear, Bennington doesn't put on because it's been said to be a bit of a toe stubber. As for the bimini, which straps are you talking about? I never unhook anything to put the cover on.

SAM_9651_zpsbfd92333.jpg
SAM_9650_zps739adb8e.jpg
If I don't un snap these I cannot get the bimini boot on.

All our bimini cover has are the zippers and the velcro by the light. I've never unsnapped those straps.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is all my boot has as well. This is the rear straps that connect the bimini to the frame.

That is all my boot has as well. This is the rear straps that connect the bimini to the frame.
Yup. I never unsnapped those other than to replace the top.

I have not had to unsnap mine either .

One was unsnapped when it was delivered ( boot on ) I re snapped it .

I guess next time I'll leave them snapped and see if I can just force the boot closed with the zipper. As for the bow gate I figured there is not a stop on the floor due to jammed toes etc. Maybe I'll install one anyway.

They make the stops that look like half of a football which look easier on the toes than the square ones.

Andy, When the gate is closed, usually no one is in that area to stub a toe and if the door is open it is blocked. I made mine out of Delrin plastic and have had no stubbed toes in 3 years. Easier to just order ones like the back has. I also put one on the side gate. Like you said, makes it nicer when tied up or in the water. Steve

We have them on all gates as well.

I'm getting a refund from the dealer if you will for my 4 pole rod holder that won't work on a 22 sslx so I'll get one ordered from that. Thanks guys.

I know my boot is REALLY tight, but I don't have to unsnap that snap, but did notice it looks like it might be an issue uf the boot was any smaller ????

I slide the boot towards the center about 3 inches in each side to get the zipper past the "bend", then I slide it back down. Doing this on both sides makes it a cinch to zip the rest of the way.

waterproof glovebox for required paperwork.

I agree with the glove box. Have had one in all my boats except this one. Sure miss it, but this is still the best boat I have ever had.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the glove box. Have had one in all my boats except this one. Sure miss it, but this is still the best boat I have ever had.
I agree 100% on all counts though I have the R Series helm.

Back