16 weeks till boating in new england

Crowbar

Reaction score
Im counting the weeks till the middle of april, which Im hoping the docks will go in & we can take a ride on our new Benni! Last year because of a harsh winter, the river did not settle down untill the end of may! Lets hope this year we get a mild winter. Those of you that can boat all year, have it nice. But this is new england! 16 & counting!!!

Well if it makes you feel any better Ohio wasn't the greatest last year for boating weather either.  We took delivery of our new 2250gsr on the first weekend in april with 4" of fresh snow on the ground from the night before.....yes it was cold but we still took the boat out for a few hours on a mid 40 degree day and didn't even feel the cold.  Maybe it was new boat syndrome setting in or the fact we had a record snowfall last winter and we didn't care how cold it was we just wanted to be out on our new boat.

Yes that's snow on the roof of that boat lift and in state park in the background but hey the ice was off the lake and it was a balmy 29 degrees when we pulled away from the dock.....boating time !!

DSC01051_zps69017b21.jpg

The wife was dreaming of warm summer days and relaxing out on the lake......but she needed a hat and her winter coat for the test ride.

DSC01058_zps0062cf75.jpg

Come on april and the warmer weather......I'm tired of winter and it hasn't even started yet :wacko:   :wacko:

OMG 

On the boat at 29F

I am not as hearty as our friend on Indian Lake

I am hoping come May 1st temps are in the 70s and I am on the boat 

This part of the country is not a boaters year round paradise 

BUT 

It has so much to offer 

I am definitely staying 

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how 40 degrees in the fall feels a lot colder than 40 degrees in the spring.

Last Monday was the wife and my anniversary. Temps were in the low 50's so we went out to eat and had the top down on the beetle! Come on spring!

Thanks for the offer Guardrail22! How far a tow is it to NC, oh ya!! I dont have a trailer yet, or a boat! But soon the boat will be here, I just need to work on getting the trailer. Im going over to the dealer today & sit on a boat in the showroom.

Ok Andy, had to read that twice to make sure you said "on" the Beetle not "in". :)

Happy Anniversary!!!!

7 years. Time sure flys by. Hopefully these next 16 weeks do to!

January 1 I will be married 1300 days.  Of course that does not include the 30 years prior to the wedding that we have been ttogether

Now there's a sh!t or get off the pot example if I ever heard one! Those were my wife's exact words after only 7 years of us dating. Mark, you got me beat on the dating side of the wedding by a LONG shot. I got you on the after wedding side though - 20 years next August for me.

Lived in New England until 7 years ago No more waiting ntil April to step into the boat. I remember wearing a jacket in July while powering to P'town. Now its waiting until mid March to wet the toons.

By the way you young ones, been married 54 years July and to the same woman. What a wonderful life.

I'm going on 23 years. Where does the time go? So what is this waiting for boating season stuff? I anticipate taking the family on a post Christmas cruise. Looks like it may be a bone chilling 70 degrees. :lol:  

To everyone, have a safe, healthy and happy holiday.

Cheers, Steve

My sister and brother in law moved to lake Havasu last summer from Southern California and she still complains that it is too cold now to go out!

Guess we are off topic. Happy anniversary! We are coming up on 41 years this spring.

My sister and brother in law moved to lake Havasu last summer from Southern California and she still complains that it is too cold now to go out!
I have a family member who lived in San Francisco for 35 years

She tells me it is too cold daily 

After a week of this, I pulled out my list

San Francisco is TOO EXPENSIVE, TOO CROWDED, TOO CONGESTED, TOO DRY (never enough rain), and did I Mention TOO EXPENSIVE !

I have lived in many places , but I love where I am  :)  

39413638.jpg

BTW 

When they get tired of it here 

The airport is only a 30 minute drive  (lol)

Girl_in_car.gif

Bye Bye 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back