16 weeks till boating in new england

I'm in New England also and can't wait for Spring. I sometimes climb up on the boat during the winter with a beer and listen to the sterio. It helps with the waiting!

Nice thing about that in the Northeast Wooden Pontoon is you don't need a cooler

Im going to be really optimastic! Im forcasting 15 weeks left! Im hopeing that by April 10. Maybe the docks will go in at the Oxbow marina in Northampton Ma. My Benni build date is Jan, 6. So pretty soon my boat will be born! Does anyone know aprox how long the built takes & how long to ship?

Im going to be really optimastic! Im forcasting 15 weeks left! Im hopeing that by April 10. Maybe the docks will go in at the Oxbow marina in Northampton Ma. My Benni build date is Jan, 6. So pretty soon my boat will be born! Does anyone know aprox how long the built takes & how long to ship?
Last year mine was at the dealer in 7-8 days after the build date .

It also depends if your dealer has a full load ordered .

Now they've let the water down over 2' in the near by Lake Bowen  to build up rock walls where the land has eroded away. Work I hope will start soon. If the NC mountains don't get snow this winter or we don't get much spring rain this could be a BIG problem for the run off. The Lake is 7 miles long not too deep but I'm thinking that our summer boating will be 1 1/2 hours away every time we want to go out instead of 4 miles. SO I HOPE FOR SNOW in NC so we in SC can get in some good close by Boating. I'm still looking towards Mid-March

No ice at all on our lake today. A bass boat and a couple of hunting boats were out yesterday. What a huge difference from last year!

Just not much of it.   :p
don't worry Carl, it will be back up in the spring. Dam controlled and spring fed so its all good.

We have had .02 inches of snow the entire month of Dec so far

This is one of the least snow totals in history 

Temps have been extremely mild, had days in the 60s and we are 56 F as I type this

Not Bad For Dec 27th 

Needless to say the Lake is nowhere near frozen 

Hope it lasts through April 

This is Lake Tomahawk Ohio Dec 27th 2014

115145019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Our lake is frozen and there are ice fishermen out. It's been so warm here in traverse city that I wouldn't be out there! It's been raining steady and there is water on the ice.

The laugh is on me. It is snowing in Lake Havasu. I don't think it has ever snowed here. Ok, Who is the wise guy who sent us the snow?

Cheers, Steve

The laugh is on me. It is snowing in Lake Havasu. I don't think it has ever snowed here. Ok, Who is the wise guy who sent us the snow?

Cheers, Steve
My brother in law who lives there just sent me pix also. His neighbor told him it had been 40 years since they had snow!

Sister in law lives in So Cal (lake Elsinore) snow there, others in Arizona (Clarkdale) snow there..me in Iowa just freaking cold and no snow... -4 on my way to work. I'd still take either of those two over where I am any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Cheers, Steve
Greetings,from Northern Michigan  :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you happy boaters. 35 here this morning and heading to high 50's  Went to the lake yesterday and a toon went by with 4 people in it. Temp 46. NOT FOR ME! Boat show starts in 22 days in Greenville. It does take some of the sting out of this long cold winter when you can go there and dream of days to come. Still hoping for a mid March Launch in 2015. "NO SNOW HERE" 

Last weekend was in the 20s, and we went boating.  In my neighbor's garage!  4 of us sat in his boat (plus their new dog) and drank a case of beer.

We said something over and over that night that you NEVER hear someone in a boat say...   "Watch your head!"

He has bikes and canoes and fishing poles and you name it hanging above his boat in his garage.  His boat was right under his garage door opener too.  Every time some one stood up, it was a trip to the ER for stitches just waiting to happen, thus the "watch your head!". 

I'm sure next summer on the lake this will be a common statement made on our boats whenever someone stands up, only the four of us will be the only ones that get it.  Everyone else will think we've lost our marbles.  Which is pretty much true.

May your winters be full of garage gunkholing!

14 weeks to go!!!! Counting the weeks! Jan 2, here in New England & still no snow in southern Ma. Come On Spring!

Got a gps / sounder for christmas, but still no boat!

Back