2012 2274GL 150 History and Performance Report

Smoky, no disrespect, but it doesn't look like a ESP equipped boat... Maybe it's the angle of the pics, but it doesn't look like a 32" elip center tube.. I was reading your post above and maybe I mis interpreted your comments.. Did you get a performance package (3x25" toons) or the full blown esp package....

Todd

Smokey: Glad you had a good weekend. Looks like the Tennessee River was as busy @ mile marker 600 as it was at mile marker 264.

With 100% sea walls around our portion of the lake, holiday weekends are like a bathtub sloshing. And, with all those waves came a 38' offshore racing boat running in the 60's--making even bigger waves. I had no intentions to get on the water until the boats disappeared around 6:30 p.m. This lake wasn't at all wavy in the early 1950's.

I've been following your boat ordering over the months, and it's an absolutely beautiful ride. I intend to order a S model version of your boat about Christmas. Keep us posted on the performance.

Smoky, no disrespect, but it doesn't look like a ESP equipped boat... Maybe it's the angle of the pics, but it doesn't look like a 32" elip center tube.. I was reading your post above and maybe I mis interpreted your comments.. Did you get a performance package (3x25" toons) or the full blown esp package....

Todd
Hey mtudb24, I think he just got mixed up with his acronym, in the very first post of this topic he states that it is the express package, should have put EXP. I figured when I looked at the transom pic.

Derrick

Hey mtudb24, I think he just got mixed up with his acronym, in the very first post of this topic he states that it is the express package, should have put EXP. I figured when I looked at the transom pic.

Derrick
Yes, my mistake. Is EXP the right acronym?

2 and 2/3 25 inch tubes.

At any rate I like the performance and handling of this configuration. Dry ride and handles the waves well.

With the 150 it may do over 35 but when I get to that speed it virtually ceases to be fun for those on board.

Yes the major Holidays Are amateur hour but I couldn't stand not being out.

Full Bimini was a lifesaver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you are enjoying your purchase. I can't see anyone who owns a Benny ever being disappointed with it.

Todd

It took a week to get through the initial "negotiations" at the boat show and get factory questions answered. I also thank this website and the participants for their input. Signed the order today. 2012 2274GL with Yamaha 150LTR

Options:

Power Assist/Hydro Steering

33 Gallon Tank

Depth Graph

Double Bimini

Dual Battery w/switch

Express Performance Package (3 25inch tubes and wave shield)

Full Vinyl Floor with snap in carpet

Extended Swim Deck 18inches

Pylon

Gray/Black/no graphics

5 Year Yamaha Warranty

I am a little concerned with the 2274 configuration (4 gates) that it might put the console too far back and interfere with traffic flow to the stern. Anyone have any first hand experience with this configuration?
I have the 2574 w/250 Merc. verado. Still breaking in motor. We LOVE the extra gates. I came from a deck boat. When we go to shore we can enter from any point. It also added floor room in the middle.

We found that walking from stem to stern it is really nice the extra walk space. I orderded the portable seat and it moves to the area we dont use at the time.

...With the 150 it may do over 35 but when I get to that speed it virtually ceases to be fun for those on board.
What a perfect way to describe 35 mph on a pontoon! When we hit that speed (or even less than that really) everyone shuts up and holds on to their hats. Plenty fast.

What a perfect way to describe 35 mph on a pontoon! When we hit that speed (or even less than that really) everyone shuts up and holds on to their hats. Plenty fast.
I don't know when I'll find out what the speed is at WOT. Guess I'll have to go out by myself for ultimate speed runs.

I'm glad to have four gates.

Moving that seat filler around is a good idea. I didn't know it was movable.

Even though I live in Maine, I find myself in Knoxville on occasion. Calhouns is a favorite stop for me.Great food. Nice looking ride. Does the bow ride high?

Even though I live in Maine, I find myself in Knoxville on occasion. Calhouns is a favorite stop for me.Great food. Nice looking ride. Does the bow ride high?
Calhouns is a bright spot on Tellico/Ft Loudoun.

I'm a monohull guy so I don't think it rides bow high. A conventional pontoon er might think so.

At rest with a 150, 30 gallons of fuel and two batteries it starts out stern low.

This thing comes up on plane and flattens out at speed much like a monohull.

Not high enough to hinder viz.

Had a 25 hour service upper and lower oil change today, $153.

Did a WOT run. 5400 RPM said the tach. 34.5 MPH said the GPS. 98 percent clean toons. Two persons 25 gallons fuel 82 degrees 2 mph wind almost no waves or chop.

Tops down. Fiddled with trim.

Mechanic said it should run 5600-5800. Dealer thought it would turn 38. It might under optimal conditions and lighter load.

15.25 x 15 wheel.

Back