2014 24ssrx helm courtesy light out

kcd3257

Reaction score
any help on how to remove or fix the helm courtesy lamp. Can I replace the bulb or is it a whole unit?? Mine stopped lighting up, its the push to light one on the side
Thanks

any help on how to remove or fix the helm courtesy lamp. Can I replace the bulb or is it a whole unit?? Mine stopped lighting up, its the push to light one on the side
Thanks
Welcome ! Only a guess did you look inside the compartment to see if bulb comes out from there?

I did look up there and cant figure out if it can even come out..too far from the dealer to even try

I don't know why I didn't ask this before - but just in case you didn't try this, that light only works on my boat when the running lights (either Anchor or Navigation) are active. Super-obvious, but you never want to assume :)

you know I never tried that....gonna do it this weekend..now that you mentioned it I never tried it without the nav lights off...

yup that was it.....duhhhhh

Haha! Glad it worked out. Funny little quirk, but useful in avoiding power draw-downs... now I just wish there was a way to better alert other pontooners that a) their nav lights are on in the daytime and b) to turn off their MOTHER SCRATCHING dock lights when they're running around at night :)

Back