2018 22SSRX/P build options

Thanks all for the valuable feedback. Here’s where I currently stand; likely to place the order next week if I can get pricing lined up favorably.

2018 22SSRXP

Exterior - Ocean Blue w/ Champagne accent

Yamaha F200XB

SPS

Power Steering

In-Floor Storage

Extended Aft Deck

Pillowtop Diamond Pressed Upholstery (Napa Beige with Tuscan Dune accent)

GPS Speedo

Dock Lights in LED Stainless Housing

Heavy Duty Rub Rail

Pop up Cleats (Bow and Aft)

Battery Dual w/ Switch

Adjustable Height Pedestal Helm Seat

Ski Tow Bar

Woven Vinyl Beige Full Flooring

Striker 4 Fish Graph

Kicker Speaker Upgrade

Sharkhide

What do you think?? It feels like I said yes to pretty much everything (except the bow gate seat and elevated helm), and increased the original budget as a result, but as Mike and others have encouraged me, I’m trying to buy my last boat first!

Thanks again for all the help! Can’t wait for boating season to get here!

Sounds like a fantastic boat, and one that will do what you want it to do. We are all going to want pictures in a few months or come summer.

See what they would charge you to install a Minnkota DH40 power anchor. It’s SWEET!!!!
Also, avid fisherman? See what dealer can upgrade to in fishfinders. S4 is goid for basic use but if you want detailed mapping and fish, you’ll want something bigger/better than the S4. Don’t go Simrad GO5 for fishing either. Symbols are way too small. Mapping is awesome though.

I’m not an avid fisherman. I’d be more interested in the advanced mapping capabilities, so I’ll take a look at the Simrad. Thanks.

Awesome build, you'll love it!

Great build! I have the same color combo and love it, maybe look at sea grass flooring it's real nice and easy to maintain.

Great build! Sounds great. Agree with the seagrass flooring. We love ours. We also have elevated helm. A must for my wife (5'3"), who likes to drive a lot. I (6'2") like it as well. An adjustable helm seat or bolster seat would probably suffice though. I agree with not getting the extra bow seat now. We were contemplating it but our salesman suggested not getting it and see how things go without it. One can always be ordered to match perfectly in that first year or too. Was excellent advice as after several excursions we found the extra bow seat would probably not be used much. We are constantly using the front and rear bow gates during docking and coving out, and we usually have one or two coolers in front of the port side gate. Whatever you decide, you have a very sound build and you will not have any regrets!

We don’t fish either, and have the Simrad G05. We love its mapping features, and the possibility of some of its advanced features we haven’t used yet. I would trust others opinions that its not good for fishing as we have no experience with it in that capacity.

That ships gonna rock!

From another 200 SSBXP SPS owner looks like a great build...if you go out at night the RGB lighting options are pretty cool and also the LED lights in the Bimini do a great job of lighting the interior but not overpowering so you can use when underway.

Looks like a great build. Which radio are you getting? I would suggest at least the KMC10.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on this SSRXP today, after making the switch to the Simrad GO5 (which I found will be center mounted on the helm console, and negates the need for the GPS Speedo). Also ended up changing the flooring from the woven vinyl to the Bamboo Slate after also changing the interior color scheme to driftwood with sandstone accent, per the wife’s instructions!

I’m happy with the deal and now can’t wait for the boat to arrive, which should coincide fairly closely with the ice melting from the lakes here in WI. Thanks again for your input. Pics to follow in a few months...

Nice. You’ll like the Simrad. You can NMEA network it to the motor and see engine info. It’s a nice unit, I do wish I had space for a 7 or 9. My eyes ain’t getting any better..... :confused:

I pulled the trigger on this SSRXP today, after making the switch to the Simrad GO5 (which I found will be center mounted on the helm console, and negates the need for the GPS Speedo). Also ended up changing the flooring from the woven vinyl to the Bamboo Slate after also changing the interior color scheme to driftwood with sandstone accent, per the wife’s instructions!

I’m happy with the deal and now can’t wait for the boat to arrive, which should coincide fairly closely with the ice melting from the lakes here in WI. Thanks again for your input. Pics to follow in a few months...

This is sounds like a fun rig, and I will enjoy learning more as you experience your new ride. One question regarding your Simrad GO5: Is your motor rigged with Command Link? I am assuming so, but just curious ... Cheers on your purchase!

Nice. You’ll like the Simrad. You can NMEA network it to the motor and see engine info. It’s a nice unit, I do wish I had space for a 7 or 9. My eyes ain’t getting any better..... :confused:

Make sure your dealer does this! I have the Simrad and its not networked to the motor, so at the moment it not being fully utilized it just shows depth, temp, and speed. It will be nice once it shows all the engine parameters.

X2 on the NMEA networking. Ours is not, so we are not able to fully utilize it.

We store it for the winter and have it fully serviced at our dealer. I may inquire into having it NMEA set up for this upcoming summer. If I had it to do over (and knew better at the time), I’d of had this done as part of our purchase agreement.

Last edited:
All this talk of motor size and going 150, 175, or 200. All I see though are folks opting for 4 strokes. I am rocking an Evinrude 150HO G2. This motor will blow the doors off of any 200 4 stroke. The torque is higher than the 200 Yamaha. Only difference is I will have to add oil at some point, uses an extremely small amount. At wot motor is much quieter than noise from wind. No oil changes. Last fall when I had to winterize the motor, I hit 2 buttons and motor self fogged. Another Evinrude only option is the fact that the hundreds of different combinations of panels that you can select from for color. Integrated power steering also an option. I have a 2018 21' SSRXP w/sps and on GPS have topped out at 50 mph with 3 adults on board.

That is cruising for a 150!

Select the right hull first, then get at least the 150. More if you do water sports with a full boat of people and budget allows.

Hydraulic steering and power assist (there seems to be confusion on these, so note that these are two different things, and you can't have power assist without the hydraulic system first) is a point where I will disagree somewhat with others on whether this is necessary if you are pegging your budget. I have a 150 with cable steering. Do I wish I had power? Yes, but it is expensive, and I look at whipping tubers around as an upper body workout. But the main point is you can add both of these later for less, even if you have someone else do it. You can do it for half-ish if you do it yourself. So, that is one way to defer some $s if you are maxing your budget.

It's a lot harder to add other upgrades later, but hydraulic with power is certainly doable later, especially if you don't underskin the entire bottom of the boat, or if you just have the wave shield (which is partial skinning). You can still do it with the full skinning on there, you just have to pull the new lines in with the old cable. Not a big deal. So, just my 2 cents. Hydraulic and power is something you can defer for a while to get all the other things you want initially.

One other thing, the extended deck is a MUST HAVE if you do water sports. When the kids are climbing back on the boat, I'm back there helping them by holding the tube tight to the boat with the tow rope. Without the extra rear deck space, there would not be room for a couple kids climbing aboard while I'm working the line. There's barely enough room WITH the extended deck. And this is something you CAN'T add later. Just wanted to point out that extra rear deck space is a HUGE benefit (if you do water sports), and this may not be something you realize with your first boat until its too late.

Last edited:
Back