303 or Scotch Guard

I hadn't even thought about using it on the floor.

Are you using the fabric or vinyl?

Anyone tried it on Seagrass?

DO NOT use it on the aqua teak...LOL. How do I know you ask? I over sprayed when doing my seats and it is slick as snot from a Brahma Bull I the middle of winter.

Yeah, even the Seagrass might get kinda slick, come to think of it.

I tried it ( 303 aerospace protectant ) on my weather tech floor mats in the car .Looked good but too slick ,had to scrub it off 

Good advice there...  Leaving the Aqua Teak alone!  Probably leaves the seats pretty slick as well.  I can just picture every sliding out of their seats on a sharp turn.  

T minus 20 hours to delivery.  

Seats are not bad, you sink into them. The floor on the other hand, not that forgiving. I took 50/50 water vinegar and it cleaned right up and returned the floor to its original glory.

I got overspray on my CARPET and nearly fell on my a$$.  Do not get it on the teak.

Good advice there...  Leaving the Aqua Teak alone!  Probably leaves the seats pretty slick as well.  I can just picture every sliding out of their seats on a sharp turn.  

T minus 20 hours to delivery.  
Seats are fine with the 303 aerospace protectan ,look good when done 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some questions on first application...

So the boat gets delivered, and we take a test spin and they show us how to use everything...  the problem is it's supposed to rain tonight so it may be a bit of a wet maiden voyage (I believe this is where the guy that likes Red makes a smart comment about wet maiden) and i'll probably just have to put the playpen cover on while everything is damp and then tomorrow i'll apply it.

Questions; 

Do I need to wash everything first?  if so with what?

How dry does the carpet need to be?

When I apply it, should i use anything to rub it in?

Do you apply it to the helm, including over the displays?

Do you apply to exterior and motor? (F150 Yammy)

Thanks!

Exterior, motor and helm I use wax. As for the 303 fabric, it should be dry before applying.

For the exterior I use 50/50 water and vinegar. I also use it on the floor and anything that is not vinyl. For a deep detail I use Babes. Their spot solver is amazing!

http://www.babesboats.com/index.php

If your fabric is sunbrella you shouldn't need anything on it. sunbrella is acrylic NON ABSORBANT and does a great job of repelling water and natural UV protection. can't speak for other fabrics, read the label for fabric content.

Absorbent and porous are two different things. My cover after 2 years has started to weep moisture through the cover.

A good spray with 303 has helped immensely. It doesn't necessarily "seal" the cover but acts like wax on a car, beading the water, which makes it roll off.

I used 303 on the cover this past spring. No water got through until early October when we had a very heavy rain. The rug got wet under the poles. I've have it shrink wrapped now but in the spring before taking the wrap off, I'll spray the cover again. If the repellent lasts for a summer I'll be happy. For sure once a year spray won't create a build up

Carpet and cover once a year 

My only minor leaks were where helm seat touches the cover and the seams which I tried to spray pretty good. I'll hit it again in the spring with another coat and should be good for the summer. Hmmmm...... Spring ....... Only 5 months away...... :-(

Semper fi, you should turn the seat sideways so it doesn't touch the cover. Face it to starboard. Mine doesn't come close to the cover and I have an R upgrade.

Semper fi, you should turn the seat sideways so it doesn't touch the cover. Face it to starboard. Mine doesn't come close to the cover and I have an R upgrade.
Yeah, I always forget till I crawl in to drop poles and find the wet carpet ........ Someday I'll learn my lesson and spin it.

Back