3500 members

Link

Reaction score
Just noticed that this forum now has 3500 members.  This has been such a helpful forum and I wanted to say thanks to all that are willing to share their immense knowledge with those of us that are..., lets just say not so smart

Just noticed that this forum now has 3500 members.  This has been such a helpful forum and I wanted to say thanks to all that are willing to share their immense knowledge with those of us that are..., lets just say not so smart
I totally agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Forum Is Imperative

For the inexperienced, the apprehensive and those with an unquenchable thirst for pontoon information like myself

I have gained knowledge, met interesting people and hope to acquire some new friends

Bennington has amazing pontoons and a great forum

Thank you Bennington and all the active members who make it worth my time

57931531.jpg

I've really enjoyed seeing some new faces on here and all the great new boats. Way to go all!

Thank You

Next milestone? 5000 members and 50,000 posts!

Sometime this summer, I am sure!

You know you're addicted to the forum when you check in every 1/2 hour to see if there's any new posts ........ Or hope for a red light while driving so you can check in ...... LOL !!!!

I agree with everyone!  Great forum and excited I found it and am anxious to become a "real" member when my new Bennington arrives!

Hopefully I can contribute as much information as I received.

I'm still waiting for some viper videos! I need to get over to Madison!

I'm still waiting for some viper videos! I need to get over to Madison!
Hopefully I'll get some videos this summer...anytime you're in the area...look me up!

Might be bringing the Viper to Michigan this summer for a Viper event...I don't have any details yet, but I'll let you know if I do.  Looks like you're only about 60 miles from there.

Where?

Detroit.

Totally agree Link!  This forum has saved my sorry butt time, frustration, and money over and over and over and over.  No way I could ever pay that back.  Thank you all!

Kaydano, actually I consider you one of the ones I was referring to

Ha ha - Thanks for the complement Link!  But everything I learned, I learned from the forum members over the last 2.5 years... The forum members and their addictions to their boats was infecting.  THAT was what really convinved me to buy the Bennington brand. 

We had been looking for pontoons on and off for several years, then one day we saw the new 22-SSL at a dealer and the wife said "that's the one".  The wife was oooh-ing and ahhh-ing, the kids were hollering "Buy it! Buy it! Buy it!", and all this was done right in front of the salesman.  My negotiating position dropped like a 50 lb anchor thru air.

We didn't buy one that day.  I've learned that "savoring the moment" is much more fun than acting impulsively.  So we came home, I got on the Bennington website, found this forum, and that was that.  We decided to go with the new 24 SSL that had not even started shipping yet.  We had only seen the floorplan when we made our decision to buy.  We liked what Bennington did with the extra 2 feet from the 22 to the 24.  We ended up buying from a different dealer that hadn't seen the wife and kids going crazy and he gave me a better price. 

The guys here have helped me make one good decision after another as well as avoid doing stupid things or being unsafe.  Except for the 115 HP.  That was a BIG mistake.  But that was my fault for not listening to this forum.  Looking back, not one person on this forum told me to go with the 115.  Everyone said go with the 150.  After a test drive in a lightly loaded boat, I thought it was enough and we went against the crowd and bought the 115.  Eventually I came to the realization that it was no where near enough for the number of people we usually bring with us, and we upgraded to the 150 last summer.  Had I listened to the forum members, it would have saved me some real $$$.  Lesson learned.

I try to pay some of it back to the forum when I can, but I am still learning FAR more than I am contributing.  And you have to admit this site is pretty entertaining too!  Again, thanks to all that continue to make the forum what it is.  I think the members can be proud of that.

I feel that I bring this forum down in the sense I don't have much knowledge or tech info to share. I guess I did help out someone once with the location of the fuel water filter placement on the sslx.

If it was not for this forum, I never would have been infected . However being infected is a good thing . :rolleyes:

Thanks to Every One that has helped and answered my questions .

If it was not for this forum, I never would have been infected . However being infected is a good thing . :rolleyes:

Thanks to Every One that has helped and answered my questions .
I agree Jack. I was on the fence about buying a boat period. I wavered from Yamaha Jet boats to cuddy cabins to jet skis...But after reading and researching this website I quickly learned how family friendly tooning is and how much passion one can subscribe to it. Bennington is not just a brand name it is THE name in pontooning.

Andy no one brings this forum down. I enjoy reading every post. It has become part of my day checking here just like I do my e-mail. I too don't feel like I have much to add but I still enjoy participating.

Back