Anyone else putting their boat in already?

Kells

Reaction score
Looks like it's about that time again :lol:  

Dock guy called me last week to put the dock and boat in..  I'll have it in this week!

a lot of fisherman this weekend at the launch, seems like winter is getting shorter and shorter.  No complaints from me!

Anyone else out here drop their boat in yet?

I put our 50ft of dock in on Saturday but the lift is still up on the seawall. It will probably be a month until ours goes in but we'll play it by ear with the weather. We had a few boats out on our lake Saturday including a pontoon. It won't be long though. Spring is officially here in less than a week and I am chomping at the bit to get out on the water and try the power assist.

I put our 50ft of dock in on Saturday but the lift is still up on the seawall. It will probably be a month until ours goes in but we'll play it by ear with the weather. We had a few boats out on our lake Saturday including a pontoon. It won't be long though. Spring is officially here in less than a week and I am chomping at the bit to get out on the water and try the power assist.
Can you put your boat in and tie up along your seawall until you get the lift in? Looking forward to hearing your report on the power assist

I could but the boat is my baby and won't come home until the lift and canopy is ready for it. We are also waiting on a new vinyl canopy for our lift as well. After the first season we noticed a bunch of small, replicating thin spots which was a manufacturing defect so it is being replaced. Should receive it any day.

And I'd have better luck winning 3 powerball lotteries in a row than getting my wife to go out on the lake with temps in the 50's!

Saw a pontoon on The Lake today :)

Weather is warm but the rains continue

No rush here 

Will see what the weather looks like in Mid - April

Usually a May delivery for Benny 

But 

If April is Mild Benny is a phone call away 

109013601.jpg

Looking Forward To An Amazing Boating Season 

Pittsburgh-Bicentennial-Feature.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to put mine in next Friday... I have plenty to do before she is ready for the season. Wife just does not understand that. She wants to wait because she thinks nothing gets done at the house once the boat is in the water. :)

Anyone going to be getting the boat out this weekend? It is supposed to be really nice here in Mid Michigan.

Might use mine in this weekend. Supposed to be in the 70's here in MN. 

70s and Sunny ALL WEEKEND LONG!

My boat guy put my dock in, but held off on the boat because of the snow... good thing he did so I had time to polish them up!  

He's dropping it in Thursday now...  This gives me enough time to attach my new DIY Underwater LEDs!  50 watts each, they are BRIGHT! 

Taking ours back to swap trailer.  We  will run around Indian lake for a bit on Saturday, grab lunch somewhere.  Got to break it in.

I am worried about the temps going into the low 20's during night

Cold temps at night here are very common this time of year 

Possibility of damage to my Yamaha due to ice in the motor 

Are these concerns legitimate ?

Shivering.jpg

Kells

After reading the article

I have to say we have those 2 or 3 boats that stay in the lake year round

Even after reading this article the idea of having the boat in the water during below freezing temps is not appealing

Too much money to chance the risk in fresh water

I have always said "Better Safe Than Sorry"

Hoping that winter is a bad memory (lol)

118208561.jpg

After reading the article

I have to say we have those 2 or 3 boats that stay in the lake year round

Even after reading this article the idea of having the boat in the water during below freezing temps is not appealing

Too much money to chance the risk in fresh water

I have always said "Better Safe Than Sorry"

Can't say I blame you...  I only recently found out the 4 strokes don't need to be winterized, but i'll still do it probably.  I guess as long as they are trimmed down, no water is actually held in there.  The only concerns are the Fuel seperating and Battery power being sufficient (30% power loss in cold weather)

Really is that TRUE

I spend serious money winterizing my 4 Stroke !

OMG that is huge , now I need to rethink that for sure 

What-Meme-13.jpg

New to Boating 

Owned Benny for 2 Years 

Thought the winterizing of 4 Stroke was imperative to preserve the Yamaha 

Like you I will still do it , a new motor will be costly especially when temps here during a typical winter can hit - 20 F at night 

Michigan is not exactly South Carolina so you know cold, I am always surprised that so many place boats in early up north :)

With the weather finally turning around we will be out for the first time this year.  Looks as if upper 60's low 70's all weekend and sunny = a happy indian lake boater.  Our boat is "IN" year round (sleeps under a roof and on her lift) just some months the lake is way to hard to use it.

DSCN3502_zpsmzwsbuyl.jpg

DSCN1573_zpswfvio67i.jpg

DSCN1585_zpscu5cpndk.jpg

Back