Anyone else putting their boat in already?

My boat will be going out tomorrow.  Supposed to be 86 with no wind.

Hope to get out this weekend. Boat was dropped in on the 1st and weather went to sh** the next day and been that way since. Looks like upper 60's this weekend. Crossing our fingers!!

Kells:

Yes our boat stays on a lift all winter and we do winterize it.  The marina comes over to our docks and they change the oil and filter - lower unit oil - change large fuel filter/water seperator - add fuel conditioner and stabil to the fuel.  Procedure isn't cheap (roughly $250) but until the factory warranty runs out on the motor they are going to be doing our service.

DSCN0752_zps4fac8bb7.jpg

DSC01793_zps6101c2fa.jpg

Looks like we are going to get out on Sunday for a first launch! Can't wait to try out the power assist!

Currently ,May 9th for me 

Looks like we are going to get out on Sunday for a first launch! Can't wait to try out the power assist!

Dude, you've been driving that thing without any steering assist?  I thought anything above 150 required the assist to drive safely.  I couldn't imagine driving without.. you're going to love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
After not being snowbirds and going to Florida as we had planned my sister has now reached a point where she is ready to return to her own home in NJ.  We are planning on bringing her back on April 20 and have decided to go to our Florida house for a month.  We wont return until May 25 so I will not get my boat into the water until just before Memorial weekend.  Hate to do so but anxious to get down to Florida and stay in the house I have been paying on since last June and never spent a night in

I actually just ordered some more Sharkhide because I just might bring my boat home this weekend....FINALLY.  I keep it in indoor heated storage about 6 miles from my house.

Having a cover made the beginning of next week. Then we'll bring the boat home and launch. It's been warm here for a while but we usually don't put it in until we can get in the water ourselves.......

I thought the purpose of moving south was to use the boat more? Sounds like your northern blood thinned pretty quick Daril!

Lakeliving.......thick or thin blood the water is still pretty chilly! Ha! Warm during the day but the temp drops at night.....

Spin.......good rule to have. It'll be hot before you know it!

Light up the night. looking good Kells.  Night time cruising is the best!

Sunburn hurts. That's all I'm saying .....  :D

Almost as an enjoyable pain just before the safeword is exhaled...

We finally went out today.  Great time.  Took a couple friends out with us, their first on the lake and we went out to the Big Lake (that's Lake Michigan for the non-locals,  haha). Got around 75 degrees but the wind was still cool,  especially when on the lake. 

We went out for the first time in 2016 yesterday afternoon.  Was mid 70's and sunny......got a few small issues taken care of at Spend A Day after our full factory overhaul last fall.  

Saw MH663 out on the lake with their new boat.....very nice boat Marlon & Joy.  We'll catch up with you sometime this summer out on the water.

Went to Indian lake with family on Saturday,  beautiful.  Went to Alum Creek lake today solo,  a couple more break in hours done.  Less than five to go.  Kind of busy today, put er thru a good test with some good wave action.  These things are awesome handling a choppy lake. 

Back