Bulldogs Cadillac's loss

Link

Reaction score
I am sorry to say but wanted you all to know that we have lost a member of our Bennington Family.  One of Derricks shipmates, Gibson, his dog that was so much a part of his Bennington that the boat was named after him and his brother has lost his battle with surgery.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal - from a headstone in Ireland​

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sorry to hear that.  

Sorry to hear about your loss Derrick. I know your dogs are your children. Hang in there and know Gibson will be riding along in spirit.

Sorry to hear that for sure, And a Brother . Tough day.  God Bless Derrick

Sorry to hear Derrick

Sorry to hear of your loss Derrick.

So sorry for your loss Derrick.

My dog, Sailor, goes everywhere I go all day long, so I'll sure give him an extra hug and a cookie in honor of Gibson.

So sorry, Derrick.  Mine is with me at work everyday, so I understand your loss.  

There is nothing more unconditional than a dog's love, and not many things tougher than losing a four legged member of the family. So sorry for your loss Derrick.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry for the loss of your family member Derrick. Sending prayers.

:-( RIP.

Sorry to hear about your dog Derrick.  Pets can be just like a member of the family.  Sometimes, they are better than extended family...

I will mail you our cat tomorrow.  Then I will get a dog, and I will name it Gibson.

This poem helps me find peace.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Please share pictures with us!

We are happy to take some of the sorrow and carry it for you!

Derrick, sorry for the loss of your family member!

Jack

I have never experienced sadness equal to that I felt when I had to say goodbye to my last dog.

Thoughts & Prayers for you man!

Back