Close to ordering 2250 GSR ... right stuff?

We didn't opt for one as we live on the lake and it is a quick blast back to the house for a change or restroom break.

Yes I've contemplated those before, but last year the wife just said to leave it for now since we already spent so much on the stereo and boat, we'll see what this year brings!

Yeah Derrick, after the cost of 3 boats I can understand how $79 is a killer

I heard he couldn't get financed for it.

Haha, you guys are FRICKEN' hilarious!! That was a good one, by both of you actually. :)

Well Mark and Andy, I just read your comments to the wife and her words were "That's so rude!" ya big jerks! Haha, we were both laughing pretty hard though.

We're just razzing you a bit. I'm glad you get our sick mean humor!

Thanks for all the feedback ... it has been tremendously helpful.  Went to the Richmond boat show today.  Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but very close.  Based on conversations with two dealers and input from the forum, the build currently planned looks like this:

2250 GSR, regatta blue with java monochrome interior

250HP Yamaha V6 (can never have too much power, right?)

ESP

Dual battery w/power distribution panel

In-floor storage

Power steering

Co-captain lounge

Bow gate seat

R-series captain's chair

Full seagrass

4-step ladder

Echo 300

Elevated helm

Sony blue tooth stereo

Stainless steel dock light housings

Heavy duty rub rail

Sharkhide protectant

52in removable ski pylon (interested in your feedback ... is this the better choice over the ski tow bar?  One dealer says yes, one dealer says no difference)

Plan to order in the next week or so ... just need to get price inputs from the two dealers (one near home, one near lake house).

sorry ... posted twice ... what a newb.  Couldn't figure out how to delete the duplicate post ...

Thanks for all the feedback ... it has been tremendously helpful.  Went to the Richmond boat show today.  Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but very close.  Based on conversations with two dealers and input from the forum, the build currently planned looks like this:

2250 GSR, regatta blue with java monochrome interior

250HP Yamaha V6 (can never have too much power, right?)

ESP

Dual battery w/power distribution panel

In-floor storage

Power steering

Co-captain lounge

Bow gate seat

R-series captain's chair

Full seagrass

4-step ladder

Echo 300

Elevated helm

Sony blue tooth stereo

Stainless steel dock light housings

Heavy duty rub rail

Sharkhide protectant

52in removable ski pylon (interested in your feedback ... is this the better choice over the ski tow bar?  One dealer says yes, one dealer says no difference)

Plan to order in the next week or so ... just need to get price inputs from the two dealers (one near home, one near lake house).
My dealer said ski bar over pylon. Said pylon is in the middle of the aft and in the way. Made sense to me.

I have the 2550 GSR on order and I agree...it would get in the way where it is installed.

sorry ... posted twice ... what a newb.  Couldn't figure out how to delete the duplicate post ...
I fixed it for ya. Looks like great choice, especially the color ... :)

Order from the one nearest the lake house.

Personally, at least with my RCW, I would never consider the tow bars vs the single pylon. For me it's a view/look thing. Now I guess with the GSR you don't really have that clear view all the way down the center walkway, but the pylon is also removable so you can tuck it under a seat or in the center storage when not in use. At least I assume it is removable since all the other ones are. Other than that it looks like a great build! Oh and you don't have to go with the taller pylon if you don't want, the 46" still clears the motor with ease. 

On our boat, the pylon would be right in the middle of the rear deck, making the port side inaccessible. The tow bar is kinda like a rollcage for the motor, and I use it as a hand rail when standing on aft deck. A ski slipped out of my hand once, and had it not been for the tow bar, I would have a scratch in my cowling. It also helps keep kids from tripping or falling into the open part of the motor pod. I could see wanting the pylon if I had other models though. So, it depends a lot on the setup if you ask me. Just some things to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered same with most options listed with SPS 200. I believe you will be riding on some good eye candy, looking forward to putting mine in water in a few weeks. Best Wishes good choice!

Congrats lakedude on your order. Glad to see another f200 going on a Bennington.

Back