Cup Holders

Those you listed are identical to what Bennington offers .As long as you get the ones that have the plastic on the back ,and place it between the seat back and seat bottom .They  will not move .

There are probably hundreds of portable Bennington portable cup holders in peoples garages that never get used.  We stored ours in the ottoman till we realized we were never going to use them.  

I learned my lesson about the cup holder in front of the throttle.  Who thought up that placement.  Luckily it was a Solo cup or I would have busted up my knuckles and I did waste the drink.  

We have 2 of them and it seems at least 1 is always being used. Wife likes to sit up front in sun and I'm always under the Bimini out of the sun. With friends they are both out.

We use our cup holders routinely

Having Pepsi on the Benny is a necessity 

dq-drinks-soft-pepsi.png

Honestly we would like more cup holders (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all for the great info.  Now for that Pepsi in the cup holder -- that is left for the wife -- my cup holder has a nice cold beer or it is empty! :)

I'm old school .

1546.jpg

Our portable cup holders stay put very well. Problem is you have to move them every time you open up the couch storage. And since we use the storage space under the couches far more than the cup holders themselves, the cup holders are often in storage!

They get in the way of where people want to sit or lie too. When you have a bunch of people on board, it is natural to think about whether you will have enough cup holders. What really happens is you end up being more concerned with everyone having a place to sit, and the cup holders end up in the way.

Funny, it's when you need them the most that you don't have room for them! And it's when you don't need them that you have room for them!

If you have teenagers, you actually want NO cup holders on board because every time they open a drink, they take one small sip, set it down, forget which one is theirs, and then open another one. It's not until all the cup holders are full of partially drank bottles of water that they wil actually finish a bottle because they are forced to hold it until it's gone! They know better than to dump it overboard. They can't throw it in the trash bag because there's not a teenager alive that knows how to do that. If you want less wasted drinks, get ZERO cup holders.

So forget the cup holders. No wait, you need two. Email me for a price on mine...

I agree with Kaydano especially the part where when crowded they are in the way.  There are enough cup holders on my boat without the portables and you have no business putting a drink down anyways

Good point Link! Why would anyone want to put down a drink???

Cup holders??? We don't need no stinkin' cup holders!!! (I think that was said in Blazzing Saddles.)

If you have teenagers, you actually want NO cup holders on board because every time they open a drink, they take one small sip, set it down, forget which one is theirs, and then open another one. It's not until all the cup holders are full of partially drank bottles of water that they wil actually finish a bottle because they are forced to hold it until it's gone! They know better than to dump it overboard. They can't throw it in the trash bag because there's not a teenager alive that knows how to do that. If you want less wasted drinks, get ZERO cup holders.
Oh Andy? Are you listening?

And stay tuned for Part II, Getting Baby Bodily Fluids Out of Your Boat!

Bwahahahahahahahah!

I have 16 cup holders

I'm listening. I'm developing a towable bassinet with a drain and automated diaper changes.

I would have never imagined a "cup holder "thread would generate this much activity . :lol:

I wish the helm had a third cup holder.  I use one for the air horn in a can.  The other often has my cellphone and wallet in it.  Now that I think about it, the cup holders get used by teenager's phones almost as much as drinks.

When I'm out on the boat by myself, I stick one of our portable cup holders in the couch closest to the helm, so its within my reach.  That's funny, the only time we use the portable cup holders is when I'm ALONE on the boat!  Never thought of it that way, but they are in storage whenever the family is on board since we use the storage for clothes, shoes, etc and the cup holders are more of a pain to move than they are worth.

I thought I had a brilliant idea once to make sure all my koozies were different colors (so no two koozies were the same) but only teenagers could mess that up.  They still forget which one is theirs.

Get one of those snap brackets to go with the color of the coozie..

What the helm needs is a glove box, or even an open compartment, oh yeah and a nice tall windshield that would retrofit the elevated helm

My we are a competitive bunch today!!! ;)
Count me in!  My S series came standard with 13, and on a 20 footer that makes me a contender in the CHPSF (cup holders per square foot) contest.

Despite the quantity, there wasn't one near the helm that was convenient and out of the wind. I added this little one and it's perfect. Folds flat when not in use. I mounted it with Scotch two-sided tape so no screws were necessary.

Back