Curious about Motor Options

Scott1

Reaction score
I am wondering about the different engine options (OEM's) that Bennington uses.  It seems like this year you can only get a Yamaha engine.  Last year you could get a Merc and Yamaha that I know of.  Wouldn't it be better to give more choices than just one.  Myself and some people I boat with would not purchase a boat with a Yamaha, that is just us, others may only prefer Yamaha.  Wouldn't offering Yamaha, Merc, Honda attract more potential customers?

What are the disadvantages of offering more than one OEM for the engine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you been on their website? There should be multiple options, or at least there use to be.

Yeah I just checked the boat builder and they are all still there.

Have you been on their website? There should be multiple options, or at least there use to be.
Yes, on it now.  Only options are Yamaha, just wondering why?

Yeah I just checked the boat builder and they are all still there.
Not on the boat builder I am on, I am on the builder for the 2375 RCW, maybe it depends on which series pontoon?

Click a different pre-rigging first, then the motor options for that manufacturer will appear. I've not been on the site lately. That's just from memory and the could have changed it.

Scott, not sure why you are having problems as I also just looked, there are prices for Evinrude, Suzuki Mercury, Honda in addition to Yamaha.  What exact model are you only seeing Yamaha? 

Scott, not sure why you are having problems as I also just looked, there are prices for Evinrude, Suzuki Mercury, Honda in addition to Yamaha.  What exact model are you only seeing Yamaha? 
I am not sure why either, I am looking at the R series 2375 RCW, it is only giving the option for Yamaha.  strange.

I am not sure why either, I am looking at the R series 2375 RCW, it is only giving the option for Yamaha.  strange.
It is there.  Once you select the boat package is when you can choose the engine selection of that manufacturer you checked

just visited the builder site for that particular model, all the info is there.

Evinrude E50DSLDE ETEC

BombPKG

$51,399

Package price - Honda BF50D2LRTDE Fourstroke

HondaPKG

$52,257

Package price - Mercury 50ELPT4CTEFIDE Fourstroke

MercPKG

$51,519

Package price - Suzuki DF50AVTLDE Fourstroke

SuzukiPKG

$51,469

Package price - Yamaha T50LBDE Fourstroke

YamahaPKG

$51,278

Wow, I am not sure why mine does not come up that way, just gives me a list of all Yamahas.  Anyway, you guys answered my questions, they do offer more than one OEM.  Thanks

Edit:  Ok, I figured it out.  It was automatically selecting the Yamaha package for me, I didn't see I could change the selection.  Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bennington does have a strong relationship with Yamaha outboards, and they're the largest wholesale purchaser of Yamaha motors.  But not all their dealers are franchised Yamaha dealers--making them have to do business with other motor brands.

For my use, My F150 Yamaha is certainly good enough and it does the job.

What kind of device are you using to see the information? (Mobile maybe?) Or what are you using for a browser?, I am not an IT guy.

Just saying

Good luck Scott1.  Sincerely hope you end up with a Bennington, you wont regret it as it is the highest quality pontoon on the market

Good luck Scott1.  Sincerely hope you end up with a Bennington, you wont regret it as it is the highest quality pontoon on the market
Thanks.  I finalized the deal on a Bennington and they have the money already :)   Got a good deal on a nice boat, 2375 RCW.  I am spending a little more money having them add some things to it that I know I would regret not having.  Unfortunately I will be working away until end of June, so my boat won't see water until July.  I have to pay for it now I guess :)

Congrats!  I'm sure you're going to love it.

Nice set up. Nothing against the Yamaha, but love the merc verado. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Cheers, Steve

Nice set up. Nothing against the Yamaha, but love the merc verado. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Cheers, Steve
I see you have the 300!  I almost told them to put that on my boat, now I don't know why I didn't :(

It probably is not too late to get the 300. I am trying to get my dealer to get authorization from bennington for me to replace my 300 with the new merc 400 verado. You can never have too much horsepower.

Cheers, Steve

Back