Does Bennington sell buyers information?

Got a piece of junk mail today from an an insurance company advertising boat insurance and it was plastered with bennington photos and referenced us as Bennington owners. I'm not a fan if that is their practice. Anyone else get this or could it be from another source?
Yes they are . I got the post card today . I called and spoke to Malcolm .

When he answered the phone he asked if I was calling about the Bennington ?

I asked where he got the information from ,he said Bennington ,without any hesitation .

I dont know if Bennington is selling or giving the info ,but according to Malcolm ,it IS coming from Bennington .

Here is the phone number .

800 344 7488 .

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice....I knew it had to be using their stock photos.

The one on the backside looks like Derricks's.Got to get my magnifying glass out to see if that is him driving .

Cant tell its blacked out.

Here is the website .http://boatins.com/

I just grabbed mine off the desk and looked again. You're right. She is just with him for his wood....trimmed Bennington that is!!

Awww, now I want to see the brochure!! Someone scan it!

Go to page 1. I posted a link to a photo of it.

Man that chick took your attention away from that boat?? I must be getting old, cause I never even noticed her. I keep drooling over the boat ........

Got a piece of junk mail today from an an insurance company advertising boat insurance and it was plastered with bennington photos and referenced us as Bennington owners. I'm not a fan if that is their practice. Anyone else get this or could it be from another source?

Well Andy, I got the postcard yesterday and after rereading part of this thread I must be as old as Semp cuz I had to pick up the card and look for the girl as I also had missed her while looking at the Benny  

Just looking at one of the  other posts (""http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/3513-new-survey/)

I most likely will get another this year ,( not that it will do any good )  I am going to mention that I do not care for my Information being given away or sold .

Now if they had this set up for a Group discount " 

I  think that we would have received some information directly from Bennington or posted here by TB .

Just my opinion .

This was the reply I recieved from TB about the mailings:

Hi Carl,

No, Bennington does not sell personal information. We have a partnership with Boater's Insurance Agency, a supplier of boating insurance to select manufacturers and select high-end boat brand buyers. We thought it would be nice to offer this comprehensive boat insurance to our owners, hence the mailing.

Personally, I found that my auto/homeowner's insurance policy was not comprehensive for the boat, and I switched to Boater's insurance Agency years ago!

If this becomes an issue for owners, I will take it to our board. We don't want our owners to feel personally violated in any way.

Thanks,

Susan

They didn't "sell it " they gave it to them trying to be helpful ?

It would have nice if they (Bennington ) had let us know prior to the mailings .

I take my information very seriously being a victim of credit card fraud in the past .(  the mail carrier was the thief ) 

I would like to have an option if my information is being handed out. Not a fan.

I personally don't see it as that big of a deal. Remember, we are dealing with Bennington. They aren't going to give out our info to just some random guy that says he's got a great deal for us. Besides, if someone really wanted to, they could probably figure out most of our addresses by looking at our pinned locations, and following Bennington on Facebook. I for one would be fine with being informed about "new products and services" that most of us checked off "yes" to when we signed up on here or the Club Bennington page. Now if I started getting a mailer for a credit card from Singapore Airlines, well sure, that I would have a problem with because it has nothing to do with helping me. If Bennington saw a good value through their own experiences and recommended an insurance carrier, well great. Maybe they read our posts and saw the many about "who do you insure with?" and thought they were doing us a favor by forwarding us a professional customized mailer to help maybe some of their many customers that DON'T use this forum. By sending them this mailer they were simply trying to ensure their customers had good, reliable insurance for their investment. How many of us went back to look at our insurance papers to find out how much spill coverage we had after it was posted? How many of us realized that what the provider was offering was inadequate?  So as I said, maybe it was done to help those customers who AREN'T as informed as we are because of this site. Just a thought. I'm not too worried about someone stealing my identity because they know my address and that I own a Bennington. Heck, I think Google Earth will show them that! Haha

I agree with Bulldog, it was not a big deal to me either.  Well said as well Bulldog

Back