End of Summer Hours!

McZiggy

Reaction score
As summer comes to a close I figured this would be a good place to compare how much we used our boats this year!

I purchased my boat the 2nd week in June and was only able to manage 43 hours so far.  Hoping to be able to hit 50 yet this year.  Hopefully next years winter won't hang on until end of May.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, so far I've racked up ALMOST 6 hours! Yup, 6. Almost have 23 hours in total on the old beater. just about worn out.

Well, so far I've racked up ALMOST 6 hours! Yup, 6. Almost have 23 hours in total on the old beater. just about worn out.
  Time to trade light is flashing!

Got this weekend at Cumberland.  All day Saturday, leave for the lake at 4 am. Meeting maybe at 2 pm with somebody we met at the Dayton Dragon's (Class A club for the Reds) on Monday night. Boat on Sunday til noon then a picking and grinning party at the lake house with the family musicians.  Probably last boating for the year.  

I am at 38 . My wife REALLY likes the new  widescreen models . :eek:

We will probably hit 50 plus hours .... Bad year.

Late spring, early fall........ Still hoping for Indian Summer ??? Not sounding too good though.

This long weekend sounds iffy ...... :-(

What is this "winter" you refer to?

Hit the 100 hour mark last weekend after 4 seasons.

Temps will be 89 this weekend. Should be nice weather for a boat day.

At 50 hours so far hope to be out till end of October

I'm up to 85 hours after getting on the water the 3rd week of April.  Not ready to call it quits yet!

What is this "winter" you refer to?

Hit the 100 hour mark last weekend after 4 seasons.

Temps will be 89 this weekend. Should be nice weather for a boat day.
Yeah yeah, rub it in ......... Lol !!!

We took delivery the first week in april and last weekend we broke 100 hours.  We are hoping for quite a few more hours this weekend as they are predicting upper 80's all weekend but a chance of rain.....weatherman said the same thing last weekend and we didn't get a drop.  Our hopes (like RReaume) is to go until late Oct.  We were out on the boat in April and the temps were in the mid 40's a couple of times but sunny.  Just throw on a jacket and head out for a cruise.  For us it's a little more relaxing when it's cooler (no jetski's or tubers to avoid) and the water is normally a little calmer as well.

Relaxing out on the water one evening last weekend:

DSC01554_zps07434a41.jpg

Yep 100 hours even......has almost 102 on it now :D   :D

DSC01685_zps710b7163.jpg

I'm at 40 hours.... so far this month! That means 106 so far this year and I still have a lot of boating to do. It's starting to look like my big trip to Grand Teton & Yellowstone this weekend is cancelled due to weather, but I still have at least 4 or 5 more boat camping trips planned before the snow flies, including two 5-day trips to Powell. :)

I_L_B...impressive considering the winter/no spring/not much of a summer you've had......we're at 105 hrs and expect to hit 180 this season.....hoping the weather is decent to do a Christmas Eve cruise this year!!

22nd time out this year as of today. Not sure on hours, but close to 100 I'm guessing.

We're currently at about 88 hours over 1 & 1/2 seasons, but we get out at least two to four times a week. Our best stretch was three days in a row.

120 hours over 1 & 1/2 seasons and can't wait for the weekend 

Oh my. I guess I use my boat a lot. Took delivery on July 26th. 58 hours on the boat now. In WI. No where near done for the year. I am guessing I will break 80 on this boat this year. Plus another 75 hours on the old Malibu. And we don't live on a lake! I kinda' sound like I am bragging? I guess maybe I am. We boat. A lot.

Back