Express tube added between eliptical

BUTafter taking off the wave shield and holding up the express toon to bolt it on they notice they had the wrong toon with 24 inch spacers instead of 16 like I need.
Whoo boy, deja vu for me. All over again!!! ;-)

Landscaper 2009: that's a great color combo. I love the red and tan, looks great. Do they make performance kits for your 200 outboard? Any way of bumping the HP on your 200 up?

Congratulations - you break in will go very slowly.  Enjoy the new ride 

And don't leave us hanging for 10 days....post some pictures asap!

Kay........

Hit that throttle w/ the trim all the way down especially while skiing.........

Hello all,

Well I started the break in process mid afternoon. Around 1 to 1.5 hours of 1000 to 2000 rpm. Then 1 to 1.5 hours of 2000 to 3500 rpm. And finally 3500 to 4200 rpm. At the end of this I opened it up for 2.5 minutes and then backed it down . crused for a little will and then proceed to open it up again for 2.5 minutes. First time 40 mph. Crused again back to the same starting point and hit it again with 43mph.

It seems to keep getting strong. After that my son and I just crused around and kept changing rpm for the rest of the evenin. Guys this is so much different then what I ever been used to. It handle really well with just the ellipticals. I took turns gradually at upper speeds and a little more aggressive from 30 and down. It does turn flat for sure but stay on top of the water with out a problem. This also at this time doesn't have the wave shield on. Dealer removed it and didn't reinstall. Waiting for express toon before he does. End of next week or so. So I wonder how much more speed I would of achieved if the wave shield was on. Deffinitely could feel the water slapping the floor underneath and slight surging. Now I am really wonder what it will do with the third toon and wave shield? Express only weighs about 280 and wave shield maybe 50 more pounds.

Those twin ellipticals were made for speed! My personal opinion, I'm skeptical you'll gain any speed at all. I think between the extra drag from another toon and the extra flotation pulling your prop up, you may even lose some. Not trying to be negative or anything, but that's my bet. Really looking forward to hearing what the difference is like. 

The wave shield probably does more for the ride comfort than adding much in speed. 

I'm leaning toward suggesting you cancel the ET install. If you are happy, let it be.

Just saw this thread.  Very, Very, Very interested in this thread....

Just out curiosity, why did you decide to add the express toon to the twin elip package?  The new R series with twin elips can handle 200hp from the factory without the 3rd toon  Its called the mega transom pad and what they do is they take your people capacity plate from 13 to 12 and install a new transom that has some brackets.  My dealer quoted me:

Mega Pan- $1373.45
Wavetamer - $186.69 (modified wave shield to go around mega Pan)

Im running 40+ very light load with the 150hp Optimax Pro XS (factory tuned for upper end of 10% of NMEA allowed HP raiting) with Merc Enertia prop and motor in the #2 hole and although she'll never turn with the big boys, she's very fast in a straight line and great in rough water.

Can't wait to see your results.  You are a pioneer for sure in trying this new configuration.  My hats off to you sir :D   :D   :D :D  :D   :D   :D   

Todd

MrG... Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. The boat definitely gets a lot of attention at the local lakes. I actually have the 250 HP motor and yes I could have opted up to the 300 HP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Landscaper; my bad I thought you had the 200. I guess what I was asking is there a kit (carb or exhaust) that would bump it from 250 to 300 hp?.

I was a real skeptic of the 2 tone black rails set up until I say yours. It's a real fine line making the pontoon boats look super sporty. I look at benningtons kind of like a caddy. They look great but if you start putting wings and fins on a caddy it starts looking lame IMO the CTS-V is about as sporty as you wanna get :)

Good evening,

Just took sometime today with the boat in the driveway took look things over. ( Wave shields off at the moment)This is what I found:

1. All toon bolts were 1 to two turns loose 2. Wiring hanging kinda loose and needed to be wire tied to prevent chaffing. 3. Cooler in seat in right front corner drain plug not all the way thru. 4. Private room snaps out of place and needed to be relocated 4. Pylon mounts for stowing to far to the rear in private room/head... 5. Transom bolts turn plus needed. All the above I took care of myself because I figured I would to a better job/ the right way as I am the owner..... Must of been a Friday boat... The one thing that I really wanted to bring to all of your attention is that I only have 4 hours on this boat from Friday night only(break in time still). For all the toon mounting bolts to have settled/loosen a turn or two is of concern that I thing we all should be aware of. I am so glad the wave shields are off and that I checked and re tighten them before the shields are reinstall next week. Also found that transom needed a turn or so on some bolts. Anybody else notice this???????

Back