Extended Bow!

members only jackets????

Might as well, there needs to be some reward for being the pun of all these jokes!! Haha

il_570xN.446166375_65ni.jpg

Why did you crop your head out of this Andy? Hehehe, might look for something a LITTLE more......you know, hip! (love the sleeve cuffs though!) hehe

I guess you don't get it. This was a "members only" jacket from the 80's!!!

I got it after you posted the picture, I saw the little black tag. Keep in mind I wasn't too old in the 80's so a jacket was pretty low on my wardrobe worries!! Haha but we could get together and all wear the jacket and take a picture while Standing on the Extended Bow!! Bringing it full circle!

C'mon guys, 2 pages of PAD's ??? While the initial inception was cute, it got old about 4 months ago. Enough already! Too many threads get overrun by this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget BigBlock, he's going on his 3rd toon.

Been watching this thread with interest but doubt if I qualify yet for the new club.  I've got the extended bow (where this topic started) but only have had a 2013 and now a 2014 pontoon boat the past year.   Or, maybe horsepower is another qualifier.  I only have 225 HP.  Maybe I'll have to trade up again to get into the club.

Yup, you qualify!

There is no known antidote at this time, only temporary relief, and minimization of some disease characteristics, ie; constant build a boat quotes, incessant searching for pics of new options, eternal commenting to ones spouse of how much safer/faster (depending on gender and personal desire) a bigger motor would be if caught in a storm/whipping little Johnny on a tube would be.
Someone's English teacher is rolling in his/her grave right now!

Hehe, I am sad/happy to say that I am the namesake of PAD, which stands for Pulled A Derrick. I was not the inventor of the term, just the model in which the disease was diagnosed with. You see, I bought my first Bennington in October of 2009, a 2075 GLi with/90hp Yamaha. After using it in 2010, we decided we liked boating, since we had never owned or driven a boat. We put some more hours on it in 2011, and over the winter we decided to trade it in with 56 hours on it, for our "dream boat" a 2275 RCW with a 200SHO Yamaha. Then the buggers at Bennington made the tower available on it about a month or two after. We had talked about it lots with our dealer, but decided it was out of our reach financially. So when at the boat show helping my dealer out, he kept talking about it, saying he'd give me a good deal and we should sell my boat at the show. Well we almost did, then we sat down and talked real numbers and he gave me a fair offer on trade, knowing I was losing money, and a great price on the new tower, and so it happened, with 24.6 hours on my boat, we ordered a new one. By the time it was all hammered out and built it was classified as a 2014, and PAD was born. 3 new boats in 4 years.
"My name is Derrick and I have PAD."

Someone's English teacher is rolling in his/her grave right now!
I think you meant to go to this site, 

http://www.bennington.edu/Home.aspx

It's for Bennington College, this is Bennington Marine, it wasn't my final thesis paper, merely a forum post. I apologize if I missed a comma or a couple periods, but I am pretty sure everyone understood what I was saying. To be honest, I was quite pleased with it! :) all that being said, I do want to stop where this thread is going to, I did try to bring it back to topic a couple times as it has strayed way off course. I know I was a player in that, but it is out of hand. 

Here is the comment/story I posted on the pic of the extended bow that I think makes this a great option for anyone buying a new boat,

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/image/2847-image/

Now you guys did it ........... Thread police .......... LOL !!!!!

we're just excited about our boats is all. Don't want to drive anyone away. As for the extended bow I think it is a great option. Hopefully we don't get back to the days when there is 4ft of bow room. That just looks weird.

we're just excited about our boats is all. Don't want to drive anyone away. As for the extended bow I think it is a great option. Hopefully we don't get back to the days when there is 4ft of bow room. That just looks weird.
I agree. It ends up being too much wasted space, or you end up sticking some fishing chairs up there to make it look better ..... Then you start to lose that Bennington touch.

Like this one ?

That looks good because of the seats there, if that was empty it would be too much for me. That boat looks really clean as well, nice.

I have no clue as to what year it may be ,it is at the same marina as I am at .

Back