Extended Bow!

There is no known antidote at this time, only temporary relief, and minimization of some disease characteristics, ie; constant build a boat quotes, incessant searching for pics of new options, eternal commenting to ones spouse of how much safer/faster (depending on gender and personal desire) a bigger motor would be if caught in a storm/whipping little Johnny on a tube would be.

What he said ^^^^^ The symptoms got so bad I couldn't take it any more. That's why I use Beningzon, a dietary supplement taken twice daily to fight off symptoms associated with PAD. Ever since taking prescribed Beningzon my quality of life has really improved. No more sadness over performance isuues (boat, nothing else!) no more jealousy (again, with the boat) The capsules are infused with fresh vinyl scent so taking them is really enjoyable.

But in all serious, when  I saw your post Dave about adding an extended platform I though you were going for the biggest modification of all times here. That would be one heck of a job!!! I'll make sure Derrick and I get another chair ready at our next PAD meeting just in case!

Lol !!! The fun part would be trying to do it on the water !!!! While looking at the boats with the extended decks, it "looks" like it's just an added extension with the centers resting on the motor pod. I'm sure it can be done. The big question is how to make the vinyl seam look decent. I definitely don't want to go tearing out all the rear seating and panels and replace the entire vinyl section........ Better reserve that chair just in case......

I think the seam would be the easy part. Home improvement stores sell flat aluminum trim in the flooring department. Usually available in the standard mill finish, and also 2 or 3 more colors. Fairly common to find it in a goldtone and also a light bronze, both anodized finishes. It is available in a couple profiles and widths too, but requires you to alter the installation somewhat as they generally include only nails for fastening. It would require you to use a V countersink bit to flare out the mounting holes in the strip, and screw down with SS oval head screws (#6 is about the right size).

Yeah, we sell those in my store, and have been thinking of using those. I was of using a teak strip to go across the seam OR using real teak planks for the extended portion spaced 1/8" or so apart for drainage. Of course it might all be moot if it costs an arm and a leg. Might go back to original idea of PAD .......... :D

do it!!

All the cool kids are doing it!! Haha I posted a story/comment a while back on the picture of the extended bow, don't feel like re-typing it, but it's funny (just getting back on topic, you know me, keeping it on the straight and narrow!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed the link, nice boat.

Nice looking Boat! 

Having that extended area up front is nice for doing some tasks such as docking or setting anchors.

That thing is SWEET !! I love the black rails and black rub-rail ...... I feel PADS coming on ...... then again maybe not .. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is really nice!

Still pretty new to the forum. Can someone please tell me what PAD is?

Also,CWAG911, how were you able to fix the link on the picture I posted... I messed with that for about a half hour last night, after reading the 5 easy steps to posting a picture.

Thanks

Hehe, I am sad/happy to say that I am the namesake of PAD, which stands for Pulled A Derrick. I was not the inventor of the term, just the model in which the disease was diagnosed with. You see, I bought my first Bennington in October of 2009, a 2075 GLi with/90hp Yamaha. After using it in 2010, we decided we liked boating, since we had never owned or driven a boat. We put some more hours on it in 2011, and over the winter we decided to trade it in with 56 hours on it, for our "dream boat" a 2275 RCW with a 200SHO Yamaha. Then the buggers at Bennington made the tower available on it about a month or two after. We had talked about it lots with our dealer, but decided it was out of our reach financially. So when at the boat show helping my dealer out, he kept talking about it, saying he'd give me a good deal and we should sell my boat at the show. Well we almost did, then we sat down and talked real numbers and he gave me a fair offer on trade, knowing I was losing money, and a great price on the new tower, and so it happened, with 24.6 hours on my boat, we ordered a new one. By the time it was all hammered out and built it was classified as a 2014, and PAD was born. 3 new boats in 4 years.

Guess I suffer from the same disease... 2011 2275RL/90hp Yamaha, 2012 2575QCW I/O 350Mag, now a 2014 2575 I/O 496HO.

Hehe, you're definitely a member, heck with that quality of boats you might bump me from President of the support meetings, we'll have to take a vote next time! Haha

Heck I envy you guys, you don't have to wash your boat or empty the ash-trays. Just trade it in for a new one. :)

I have vehicle PADS. Last one traded at I think 45 days. Easier than setting up an oil change .... Lol !!!

So I guess there is 3 of us in the club now!

Back