Extended Bow!

rwatts1205

Reaction score
New for 2014 BM has extended the front deck past the tubes. IMO very nice! Pics are in my gallery.

It sure adds some real estate up front. Sweet boat by the way!

Thx Andy

Very very nice.  Bet you can't wait to get those toons wet.

When I was ordering mine last month the dealer first said that there was no extended bow option listed for 2014. He called back a few minutes later and said that it was standard now, and that sure made me happy!

That's one SWEET ride !!!! Looks like a nice "fishing" platform area now !!

Very nice!

Wow! Very Nice, I like the extended front and also love the co-captains chair. That is one heck of a boat, Congrats!

Aim sorry new member how do I get to your gallery?

Click on the members name and then click on gallery under the info.

I heard of this extended deck change earlier this summer and was very pleased that Bennington took the steps to ensure their customers safety. I've always wished that my deck extended past the front of the tubes.  I can't believe it's taken so long for this to happen.  It was only a matter of time before someone got seriously hurt (or worse) on one of those darn exposed tubes / hooks.

Dang it!  I'm gonna HAVE to buy a new boat!

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure wish they had this when I bought mine, but no PAD here!

Extend the front end.  Extend the back end.  $ thousand here, $ thousand there.

You end up with a longer boat with the same size toons.

My old pontoon boat has 3' in front of the fence.  A few years ago, they made the interiors larger by extending the fence to the front end.  I guess they're just going back to the way they used to build'em.

I sure wish they had this when I bought mine, but no PAD here!
DO IT!!! The PAD meetings are pretty awkward with just Derrick and I there. Especially after the maple syrup incident.

I saw the extended bow as an option on the s but the 24 version of our boat will have a lot more room than the 22 did up front. Come on spring for sure!!!

My wife will kill me but now I'm very curious if one could add an extended front deck inexpensively to a 25 footer....hmmm.
What does that word mean.... inexpensive ..... these are BOATs ..... :D

I've debated the same thing, only doing the rear deck. I've looked at the factory extended rear decks, and I think I could do it .... I'm probably going to have the dealer get a parts quote in the spring .... Main issue is the vinyl. To do it right I'd have to tear up and replace OR have a seam at the extensions ...... :wacko:

Semper, I had a warranty issue where they redid the back vinyl and after it was done the dealer mentioned what a big job it was. He said he had to remove all the back furniture and the fence and it was more difficult then he had anticipated

Great looking boat!  With the extended deck, is the overall length different?  If so, I would have to go to a longer slip (oops there goes another $1,000).

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Link,

Yeah I've already kind of walked through in my mind all that's involved. I might just shelf that idea as the rear panels on the RLI don't give you the walking area like the Center walk through does. Might just be happy with what we have for a couple years till the PADS gets too bad and I have to get the antidote. :)

Back