Finally ready for the water

mtudb24

Reaction score
Due to the crappy Spring / Summer weather so far, Marina being 3 weeks behind in getting maintenance work done, family going out West for 10 days, and all the other events (re-enactments, grad parties, weddings, etc), I finally got around to getting the Benny cleaned up. This weekend was a scratch due to all the storms. Hoping to finally get her in the water next weekend (knock on wood). Sadly, will be a short season this year. Better late then never I guess right :cool:

Attachments

• After toon clean up.jpeg
    After toon clean up.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Interior after clean up 2.jpeg
    Interior after clean up 2.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Interior after clean up.jpeg
    Interior after clean up.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Port side toon after clean up.jpeg
    Port side toon after clean up.jpeg
    392.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Port side toon before clean up.jpeg
    Port side toon before clean up.jpeg
    657.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Ready for water.jpeg
    Ready for water.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Starboard side toon after clean up.jpeg
    Starboard side toon after clean up.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Starboard side toon before clean up.jpeg
    Starboard side toon before clean up.jpeg
    633.3 KB · Views: 45
Looking good Todd!!!

Due to the crappy Spring / Summer weather so far, Marina being 3 weeks behind in getting maintenance work done, family going out West for 10 days, and all the other events (re-enactments, grad parties, weddings, etc), I finally got around to getting the Benny cleaned up. This weekend was a scratch due to all the storms. Hoping to finally get her in the water next weekend (knock on wood). Sadly, will be a short season this year. Better late then never I guess right :cool:
What was the product / method you used for the toons?

Impressive clean up job!!! Looks pretty mint!

Stellar work! I'll need to polish up my toons again next year - the sharkhide has held up pretty well, but I'm considering VantageGuard shields to keep the sides cleaner (my lift is bunk-style, and the guides leave black marks).

Do I see lifting strakes on the sides of the transom? Cool. Never saw a twin elliptical toon up close and didn't realize they added strakes there.

What was the product / method you used for the toons?
Napa aluminum brightener. Used an off-brand the dealer recommended the first year (back in 2011) and it didn't work well. Been using Napa ever since. Just keep lots of water running and work from the bottom up. No issues with it taking the paint off the trailer either after all these years.

Do I see lifting strakes on the sides of the transom? Cool. Never saw a twin elliptical toon up close and didn't realize they added strakes there.
Sealed strakes on Inside and outside of toons and I think on the transom pod they are just splash fins, but I really never gave it a thought that they could be potentially seen as a strake? Now you got my head thinking I need to go look at other transom pods. :)

Stellar work! I'll need to polish up my toons again next year - the sharkhide has held up pretty well, but I'm considering VantageGuard shields to keep the sides cleaner (my lift is bunk-style, and the guides leave black marks).
Thanks Back when, sharkhide was offered by the factory nor did my dealer do that kind of work. Next boat will definitely have it.

Back