Fishing Thread (enough about boats)

I owe all the great things on this boat to Paul Weber @ Sealand Marine in Omaha Ne. We have been friends for years he sold us our new camper in 2008. When we sat down to build a boat he told up to order a few main things and Im happy I did I wish i would have gotten the swim platform. If you are looking for a great dealer service and sales people get ahold of Sealand! and Paul Weber.

I took the paddle boat out today and was pleasantly surprised with my biggest fish yet. I caught it by our lakes boat launch and called the wife to drive over and take my picture. I wish I had some better pictures but was eager to get it back in the water. 38" and quite heavy
0822131808a_zps89b0ad21.jpg

Got to admit that I am a little surprised that your paddle boat out fishes your Benny Andy

I know Link. I think it has something to do with the slip stream the paddle boat produces that locks me onto the fish! Actually I typically take it out with the dog, stand up on the seats and fish where the wind takes me. I thought of that line from jaws when I saw it in the water "You're going to need a bigger boat"

Hehe, I just laugh imagining your phone call to the Mrs., "hey, hurry, grab the camera, what? No I don't care that you're doing the dishes, just grab the camera, what? No I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean that I don't appreciate what you do, what? Well yes I know you were hard at work making our house a home while I was just out relaxing, HONEY JUST BRING THE CAMERA, I CAUGHT A BIG ONE!!!! To which she replied, "well all you had to do was ask, you didn't have to yell at me." Hehe or maybe she just said Ok. I'm not going to say which scenario would have been my wife. :D

Your close! She just replied "You want me to drive over there? "Yes" "It better be a big one"

I bought one of those Hobie Outback Mirage (pedal drive) kayaks. I'm not much into fishing myself, but apparently there are VERY serious folks using these kayaks for fishing as they are completely stable. You can actually stand up on them. I guess it's much easier to sneak up to the shallow spots. I've seen pics of guys on the coasts and gulf with fish in hand that would easily swamp that little 12' boat. Fortunately it's mostly catch and release. Anyway, that's quite the monster, way to go Andy!

• What is your favorite species to fish for?  Fresh Water: Crappie - Salt Water: Seatrout, Shark or whatever bites.
  • What is your favorite method of going after them? Drifting, or trolling slowly
  • What are some of your most tried and true tips?  Be patient
  • What is your favorite lake? Fresh Water: Lake Okeechobee - Salt Water: Gulf of Mexico
  • Most memorable moment while fishing? Probably goes back to fishing in the backwaters of the Mississippi river when I was very young.
I have yet to use my new Bennington to fish, just a couple of boatrides.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • What is your favorite species to fish for?  Fresh Water: Crappie - Salt Water: Seatrout, Shark or whatever bites.
  • What is your favorite method of going after them? Drifting, or trolling slowly
  • What are some of your most tried and true tips?  Be patient
  • What is your favorite lake? Fresh Water: Lake Okeechobee - Salt Water: Gulf of Mexico
  • Most memorable moment while fishing? Probably goes back to fishing in the backwaters of the Mississippi river when I was very young.
I have yet to use my new Bennington to fish, just a couple of boatrides.
how do you like the minn kota i-pilot ? I haven't installed mine yet.

Back