Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Handy hints, gadgets, products, gizmos & ideas...

Discussion in 'Pontoon Forum' started by prd2hnt, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Steve21slx

Steve21slx Well-Known Member

Here is something that could be handy and I actually got one through work. It is a Dry pack. We basically put extra clothes, jackets and such and just leave it on the boat just in case. I don't think we have ever had to get in it but it still a great way to keep some extra dry stuff available in you get caught in a downpour or it get's a cold at night. If you just search Flow dry pack or just dry pack there around 20-30$ which is not to bad.

[​IMG]

Spoiledrotten, Michiman and tcpip95 like this.
  2. tcpip95

tcpip95 Well-Known Member

Dry packs are great for change of clothes, electronics (i.e. cell phone although I still put them inside a ziplock bag first), and make great ditch bags as well.  Some of them you can roll up to create a near-watertight bag.  They'll float as well.

Spoiledrotten likes this.
  3. Oahe

Oahe New Member

The front gate will not open all the way because we have large recline seats up there!  We have a self  deploying Minnkota  electric trolling motor up there!  The door & the trolling motor get in the way so we took the gate off!  

Then we found the the gate blocked the wind when we need to cover a number of miles!

We had a  Sunbrella Bra made!

We we found Steve Bosquette on ebay to make this for us

stevebboats@gmail.com

we Love it!!!

IMG_1855.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  4. Spoiledrotten

Spoiledrotten Well-Known Member

Our new boat doesn't even have a table or a hole for one, and I believe I like it better. So much more room to move about. My wife did buy a folding bamboo table to set up when we need one, but it will be kept snugly away in the storage compartment. 

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2017
  5. R Smith

R Smith New Member

Where did the order the dome style lettering from?

6. Jack M

Jack M Moderator

7. Bill/ChristyV

Bill/ChristyV Member

8. kaydano

kaydano Well-Known Member

I've been looking a long time for a solution to hanging towels from the Bimini. This is a great idea. Could even use them on the fence rail for garbage bags, etc. I find the outer rails of the Bimini are the best place to hang towels because they stay out of the way. The problem is they are all slanted, and this hook might tend to slide down if used on the slanted rails. And it may scratch, since it's metal.

What if you took a plastic coat hanger, cut the hook off, keep about 2 inches of the "arms" of the hanger on each side of the hook (where your shirt collar would normally be) and Velcro that to the Bimini rail? Use a wide piece of Velcro and punch a hole in the middle to put the hook through. The angle of the 2 inch plastic "arms" from the coat hanger would act as springs keeping the hook tight against a sloped Bimini rail. Might be enough to keep it from moving. And it won't scratch because its plastic. Use a coat hanger the same color as your boat.

Might look a little redneck...

I bought some of these after putting the boat away, so haven't tried them yet. Mine were for square tubing. The link shows round ones. I couldn't find a link to the square ones so I just posted this one. If interested, keep looking. Square ones exist.

https://www.amazon.com/Round-Bimini...rd_wg=wtlCm&psc=1&refRID=DD0QHEFHDJ153KA46CKA

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 10:06 AM
  9. kaydano

kaydano Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 10:17 AM