Help block the 15% ethanol enrichment mandate

ct0218

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]We are nearing the end of the comment period (Jan 28) for the EPA proposal to cut back on the amount of ethanol in fuel. The ethanol enrichment of 10%, which has many supporters for increasing the amount to 15%, has been nothing but a disaster. !0% is bad---changing to 15% is a whole lot worse! The use of corn and other grains to produce alcohol has raised food prices as well as the prices of many unrelated items. The alcohol enrichment has reduced your fuel mileage, and ruined the fuel system in older vehicles, all boats, and all small gas engines like lawn mowers, etc. Send an email using the link at the bottom of the page. This particular comment form was produced to help boaters by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), and none of this has received much publicity by the media---surprise, surprise.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Contact the EPA and Save our Boats
Submit comments to the EPA to end the Ethanol Mandate
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) is a failed government policy that endangers marine engines and the boating community. The EPA in response to our concerns is proposing to alter the RFS and reduce the amount of ethanol required to be blended into our fuel supply. But first, the EPA needs to receive public comments in support of this proposal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]NMMA has provided a sample comment for you to submit- it is editable, which means you can input your own thoughts and experiences, or you can simply submit the prewritten comment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Please spend the next few minutes submitting your comments easily and effectively through the Take Action button below.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The corn and ethanol lobbies are hard at work submitting comments to preserve the mandate. Don’t let them get the only say in this matter![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It's time to protect our boats, our marine engine and boaters. Submit your[/SIZE] [SIZE=11pt]comments today![/SIZE]

Link:

[SIZE=medium]http://capwiz.com/nmma/issues/alert/?alertid=63045576http://capwiz.com/nmma/issues/alert/?alertid=63045576[/SIZE]

Done

This is very easy to do. Fill in your name and contact info, press the button, done.

Done !!!

Done.

Done

Done

Done

DONE.

DONE !

Over 3300 members and less than 15 have signed .

Could be that some think that the ethanol actually helps cut our dependence on petroleum, but it doesn't. The ethanol is nothing more than an expensive filler. Yes, you're using 10% less gas, but you're also losing almost that much in efficiency. When you consider that the production of ethanol costs us in higher food prices and unrelated product costs, it is a washout at best. Who knows how much it has cost us for fuel system repairs, and the cost of the additives to overcome the ethanol. This boondoggle only helps the farmers, and at a very high price to the rest of the population here and across the world. You would think, with all the starvation throughout the world, corn would be better used as a food source than being fermented to produce a fuel additive.

Could be that some think that the ethanol actually helps cut our dependence on petroleum, but it doesn't. The ethanol is nothing more than an expensive filler. Yes, you're using 10% less gas, but you're also losing almost that much in efficiency. When you consider that the production of ethanol costs us in higher food prices and unrelated product costs, it is a washout at best. Who knows how much it has cost us for fuel system repairs, and the cost of the additives to overcome the ethanol. This boondoggle only helps the farmers, and at a very high price to the rest of the population here and across the world. You would think, with all the starvation throughout the world, corn would be better used as a food source than being fermented to produce a fuel additive.
Great Comments .

I  would have thought all boaters would be against it .

I have seen in car some tests there is a 25% reduction in fuel economy .In northern Michigan it is approximately  50-60 cents less a gallon .

How is that a savings?

My last company car I filled it up once with e85 and it seemed like 50 miles later I was on E. Jack you mentioned the number of people on the forum and the lack of people helping out on this with the above link. Just look at the birthday thread and you'll see hundreds of names of people we've never heard from. I guess it is good some of us are helping out.

Good point Andy ,some may have just signed up for the 7 year warranty .

There are more that 15 people who do regularly post though .

I just find it odd .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back