Help block the 15% ethanol enrichment mandate

Last edited by a moderator:
They sure love their ethanol. I felt guilty just visiting that link.

Yes, Stabil makes an ethanol additive, Marine (blue) vs standard (red). Only the Marine deals with ethanol. Also, Mercury has one, as does Startron. All three available at Walmart. All work the same. Yamaha has theirs also, quite a bit more expensive though.

Damn Iowans! hehehe
Bunch of rat bastards those Iowans. Ha ha ha. My kids go to Linn Mar (the kid that won that contest goes there). No clue who he is. 2000 kids go to that high school.

My (un)beloved Indiana Senator replied with a form letter informing me why he would continue to ignore the will of the people and support the RFS as is. His letter clearly lays out how he totally misses the point of concern. Ugh...

My (un)beloved Indiana Senator replied with a form letter informing me why he would continue to ignore the will of the people and support the RFS as is. His letter clearly lays out how he totally misses the point of concern. Ugh...
Time for a change .

Done

Done.....fyi....China exports of corn have a MUCH larger impact on corn prices than ethanol (worked in Iowa @ Firestone and saw a lot of data on this).  

Clark, I agree...people don't realize that ethanol blends get lower mpg so you are buying more fuel....at least I have measured that in 2 cars and a truck.  Much better ways to invest in future fuels than ethanol.

Here is the return I received from our Senator:

From: Senator Schumer [mailto:senator@schumer.senate.gov]

Sent: Friday, June 13, 2014 4:12 PM

To: markjlink@earthlink.net

Subject: A message from Senator Charles E. Schumer

Dear Mr. Link:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding the introduction of the E15 ethanol-gasoline blend into the market. I agree that we must consider consumer concerns as we formulate policies with the goals of energy independence and sustainable energy development.

As you know, the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 mandated increases in the total amount of biofuels added to gasoline on the market, in an attempt to promote a shift toward energy independence and the use of alternative fuels. Under the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) direction, greater amounts of ethanol have been added to gasoline over time. Today, the great majority of gasoline sold in the US is E10, a blend of 10 percent ethanol and 90 percent gasoline. Based on new government research, the EPA has granted a waiver for the selling of E15, a blend of 15 percent and 85 percent gasoline, but only for cars and light pickup trucks with a model year of 2007 or later; but decided not to grant a waiver to sell E15 for use in motorcycles, heavy-duty vehicles, or non-road engines. The EPA has allowed certain gas stations to sell E15 but has not required gasoline stations to offer E15, as most stations do not have the infrastructure to support distributing E15.

The EPA has required warning labels on pumps that sell E15 and has taken measures to limit the inadvertent blending of E15 with conventional gasoline. When E15 and a conventional gasoline are sold using the same nozzle and hose the EPA suggests no less than 4 gallons of conventional fuel be purchased so that any residual E15 in the hose is diluted and has a minimal impact on the vehicle.

I will continue to keep a close eye on this issue to make sure that consumer concerns are being addressed with regards to future EPA requirements and the transparency of E15 vending.

Again, thank you for contacting me regarding this important issue. Please feel free to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance on this or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer

United States Senator

Please do not respond to this email. To send another message please visit my website at https://www.schumer.senate.gov/Contact/contact_chuck.cfm . Thank you.

Here is the response I received:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your concerns about the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS). While I understand your concerns regarding the RFS, I support the RFS because it is an important component of a comprehensive strategy to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. I believe our economy is stronger and our nation is more secure when our country is energy independent. 

Congress first established the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) with the enactment of the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (P.L. 109-58). The standard requires the use of a minimum volume of biofuels in the national transportation fuel supply and has spurred private investment in the biofuels industry, which has created jobs that have revived rural economies, reduced oil imports, lowered gasoline prices, and reduced air pollution. Despite these benefits, some have expressed concerns that the future targets of the RFS are unachievable because we lack the infrastructure needed to deliver a higher percentage of biofuels in each gallon of fuel that would be needed to meet the targets.

As you may know, on November 15, 2013, the Environmental Protection Agency released a proposed rule for the 2014 RFS program that would lower requirements for total renewable fuel and advanced biofuel. 

In a separate effort, S. 1195, the Renewable Fuel Standard Repeal Act, was introduced in the United States Senate on June 20, 2013.  If enacted into law, it would repeal the Renewable Fuel Standard in its entirety. S. 1195 is currently pending before the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. Should it come to the floor of the Senate for a vote, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website.

Sincerely,

Senator Joe Donnelly

United States Senator

Done.

I never received a reply ,they must support ethanol in Michigan .

I got a reply from Carl Levin about a month after I filled that thing out. It was pretty long but completely political. ..meaning a corn farmer wouldn't exactly have been upset with his response.

About 5 years ago ( I have been in Petoskey for 10 years ) I emailed Bart Stupak the congressman for dist # 1  .To ask why the gas prices were 60-70 cents a gallon higher in Petoskey  than downstate ( Oakland ,Macomb county area ) .

His response was " if you don't like it move "

The difference is not as much today as it was in the past .

I did email Stupaks replacement ( Benishick)  with the same question ,Why the difference ? . He never replied .

Last edited by a moderator:
For years gas has consistently been 20 to 25 cents a gallon cheaper in the Lansing area then where I live in the Jackson area.

Back