838dd6a2.jpg

Rockie69

You are a contender for ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Most Insane Road Trip Award 

cup_award.gif

Who has been on the ..............

Road Trip From Hell ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure there are others that have had worse, but that one always gets a chuckle.

Looking for the worse road trip .........

I may of just avoided mine 

By pushing for delivery of a 3000 pound boat 

Instead of hauling with a Honda Pilot with a towing capacity of 2000 lbs

A new truck is on our list of next purchases

pontoon_overturned_11_DEFW.jpg

Ouch...

IN.jpg

in14.jpg

in6.jpg

in13.jpg

in9.jpg

Innovation at It's Best  

My Lake Home was Built In 1968

I Actually Love The Look and Layout 

Remodeled Completely But Still Keeping The Original Layout

106618665.jpg

Looking for the worse road trip .........

I may of just avoided mine

By pushing for delivery of a 3000 pound boat

Instead of hauling with a Honda Pilot with a towing capacity of 2000 lbs

A new truck is on our list of next purchases

pontoon_overturned_11_DEFW.jpg
You may be understating your weight. I weighed my boat and trailer at a truck scale and it was just over 5000 lbs... It might have been your last trip with the Pilot.

I'm going to look at a v10 excursion on Saturday. That should do the trick. Won't even try towing with the envoy.

The Excursion should be awesome.

I just bought a new Touareg TDI and it's a beast for towing, love it. They had a really nice pre-owned V10 diesel for ~$20k, that had unbelievable torque (533 ft-lb @2000rpm). When I factored in the maintenance costs I decided to just go with a new V6 TDI with a warranty. Everything I've towed with it is like it's not even there, incredibly stable, gobs of pulling power at low RPM, and ~30mpg daily non-towing.

Where are the pics Tom? Sounds nice

I use a F250 Super Duty with camper package. That Excursion should do an even better job with a V10. Should be awesome. 

Kaydano

I am so Happy I insisted that the dealer tow the Boat

After telling him that I had a Pilot to tow everything he said no problem

It was my own research which made me insist that he delivered it 

I don't know what to think 

Bennington VP gave him info on Shark Hide & LED Lights which I couldn't get after being negotiated for 

If I would of towed the Boat it would of been disastrous and life threatening

Bennington you would think would have seminars and dealer conventions to educate everyone 

Please Get My Boat Here Tomorrow 

So I Can Move ON 

106430585.jpg

VW Touareg V6 turbo diesel that tows up to 7,700 lbs!

TomS

Is not having the extended mirrors while towing a concern or safety hazard for you 

Great looking vehicle 

VW Touareg V6 turbo diesel that tows up to 7,700 lbs!

TomS

Is not having the extended mirrors while towing a concern or safety hazard for you 

Great looking vehicle 
Not so much for my needs, but if I ever tow a long distance several extended mirror options are available. These are used a lot for towing long campers and such where this is zero visibility without them.

IN.jpg

in14.jpg

in6.jpg

in13.jpg

in9.jpg

Innovation at It's Best  

My Lake Home was Built In 1968

I Actually Love The Look and Layout 

Remodeled Completely But Still Keeping The Original Layout

106618665.jpg
You have a beautiful place, but when does the water show up in front of it?

You have a beautiful place, but when does the water show up in front of it?
The Lake is lowered 5 feet normally in October by March1st we are at full pool ... full capacity .

I live on a man made lake 

The lake is 35' deep off my dock

It is 65 feet deep at the dam

This is what it looks like after the lake is lowered

99421399.jpg

This is full capacity at Lake 

106713868.jpg

In 14 years the lake has been beneath capacity only once due to drought and then it was only one foot lower than full capacity at worse.

We usually have plenty of rain in this part of the country, wish California was so lucky!

The sea wall is designed so water never hits the Barn Stones (Large Rocks)

The rip rap (grey stone) is never fully covered by water 

It is used for wake dissipation on the lake and is required by the Home Owners Association on all Lake Front Property.

I hope you have a better understanding of how our lake works.  :)

105639370.jpg

On the above seawalls with rip rap:  I grew up on the Tennessee River in the early 50's.  Back then, everybody had fish camps.

Since that time, every lot within eyesight has a large house and a seawall.  There's just one large lot without a house, and it's the only house without a sea wall--just rip rap.

TVA/Corp. of Engineers went through a time where they were requiring everyone building seawalls to install 3-4' of rip rap.  If you look today, no rip rap still exists--if it was ever installed.

On a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, we have a difficult time getting back into our boathouses.  The lake now sloshes like water in a bathtub.  The waves are just so much higher, and the boats are so much larger than 1955.  But our neighbors' houses are just incredible.

Back