Might be minus one boat within a few days.

I think you should stop overthinking this one. I'd give it a little time and see how many times that you actually pump out water. I usually flip the switch to manual every few weeks to check to see if the pump runs. And you can actually hear it gurgle if theres not enough water to pump. I'm sure if there was any problem, the toon would take on water every time you use it.Good luk!

Before I bought it, the dealer keeps all of the new boats uncovered, in the lot. Very easily could have been the rain water. They just never got it out during prep. 

That is exactly what happened to my last fiberglass boat. It sat out all spring and when i got it I heard sloshing. I pumped gallons out and thought my boat had a leak. I was going to take it back to the dealer when they suggested it was just from being left outside without a cover. Once I got it dried out, I never had a problem. It never occurred to me that they just leave these things outside...

That is exactly what happened to my last fiberglass boat. It sat out all spring and when i got it I heard sloshing. I pumped gallons out and thought my boat had a leak. I was going to take it back to the dealer when they suggested it was just from being left outside without a cover. Once I got it dried out, I never had a problem. It never occurred to me that they just leave these things outside...

That's what I want to believe, and I think that is the whole problem. Time will surely tell. 

/monthly_2017_08/large.IMG_5090.JPG.0d3896bb16ea74f82d97dc105248e23d.JPG/monthly_2017_08/large.IMG_5091.JPG.0d0a50bc50d1760ba62dca9c6ee2584a.JPGAlong the lines of my new boat; trivia time. Who can tell what this is going to be? What could I have in mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a hint. /monthly_2017_08/large.IMG_5094.JPG.cc45ab2b32916331b908fbc55f8443cf.JPG

Your going to put it on the tow bar like Derrick said, but to watch people fall back into the water when they hit their head on it climbing up the ladder?  No...

You're going to beat your Yamaha with it because you wish it was a Mercury?  No....

Instead of flags like Derrick said, you want to hang wet towels and life jackets?  Probably not...

Your going to tie it to your rear fence railing so the gate won't open?  No...

You're going to mount it to the steering cylinder on the motor so your steering wheel won't move when you let go of the wheel?  No, that's just for cheap cable-steering ba$tards like me...

Next clue please.

Both of those guesses were funny, and I might add, a little shady. 

Don't have a clue.........yet but I'm trying to think outside the box..........

Nice manicured backyard by the way.......

Both of those guesses were funny, and I might add, a little shady. 

Nice clue drop! So it's some kind of bimini extension? Maybe with a semi opaque fabric for a bit more shade on the loungers? 

Shady...

Derrick's probably right with the bimini extension, but I'm not seeing how it fits.

Black umbrella for the front seating.

Could those 2 parts that are attached to the main pole be open on the outside where it would fit/attach over the tow bar (notice the space in the middle where you tie the rope) 

Ding, ding, ding! Bulldog got the closest. I purchased a UV protection similar opaque 8x10' screen type canvas for stretching over the rear loungers when we go out to just sit during the hottest parts of the day. I'll post up again when I get it fitted in place. It should be easy to put up and take down. Just roll the canvas on the 1.5" pvc tube and store it behind the playpen. 

Ding, ding, ding! Bulldog got the closest. I purchased a UV protection similar opaque 8x10' screen type canvas for stretching over the rear loungers when we go out to just sit during the hottest parts of the day. I'll post up again when I get it fitted in place. It should be easy to put up and take down. Just roll the canvas on the 1.5" pvc tube and store it behind the playpen. 

Okay how and what does that black pole attach to?!?

Okay how and what does that black pole attach to?!?

I cut the two pieces of pvc, and used jb weld to attach them to the 8' piece. I also cut about 3/4' gap in the small pieces so I could snap it onto the top of the ski tow rack. The screen came with a bunch of bungies so I'll loop those through the eyes of one end of the screen and thread the long pipe through them like a shower curtain affect. The other end will be attached to the Bimini. Again, this won't be left on the ski tow. It will be only for when we think it's needed. 

Back