My DIY boat grill

What if you do a quick release post mount type on ext deck on port side. Still on boat, but pop off when not needed. You could even have a small stainless table made to sit it on and easy clean up.

I've always wanted a grill and my wife "reminds" me of who cooks and cleans up "at home". She said we will continue to eat sandwiches out of a bag....... ;-)

I have a grill at home I bought 2-3 years ago and I've used it once. I guess she wins this battle ..... AGAIN ..... :)

I've always wanted a grill and my wife "reminds" me of who cooks and cleans up "at home". She said we will continue to eat sandwiches out of a bag....... ;-)

I have a grill at home I bought 2-3 years ago and I've used it once. I guess she wins this battle ..... AGAIN ..... :)
Excellent point.  I've been toying with a grill for the boat for a long time, which I think would be awesome to have, but the clean up angle is certainly a realistic point.  Thanks for mentioning that.

I like the idea of the post mount grill with one exception; the possible grease that could splatter or drip on my floor. On the last boat, it was over the edge and the nearest flooring was vinyl. Now all I have is carpet and Seagrass. I'm not sure how the durability of Seagrass stacks up to the vinyl, but I'd be a bit concerned about getting junk on it. But maybe I'd feel better about it with a different grill. That is definitely the leading contender if I decide to remount. Might need to do some grill research... 

Yeah, I'd def throw something down to protect the seagrass. What of you used a standard mount, but made a plate about 12-18" long to extend it over the side of the boat. That would keep most of the splatter over the water. Then again, maybe just as easy to throw the thing on the shore till ya mess around with all my ideas ....  :D

I use my grill almost every time we go out (which isn't as often as I wood like).  Have the out-side rail Magma.  I usually let the grill cool after use and put it into a garbage bag until it can be cleaned at home.

I have fed more than 1 freshly grilled menu choice to the fish!

I use my grill almost every time we go out (which isn't as often as I wood like).  Have the out-side rail Magma.  I usually let the grill cool after use and put it into a garbage bag until it can be cleaned at home.

I have fed more than 1 freshly grilled menu choice to the fish!
"Wood" instead of would. Only makes sense coming from you Dan!

I know this is an old thread but it looked like a good place to mention my mods for a grill. It can stay in place while running, is off the floor, and won't drip anything on it.

Pontoon grill1.jpg

Nice!  Got a pic from the other side?  Curious how that's mounted. Is that diamond plate welded to your pontoon?

Like the setup. Nice,but how about making a shorter stand tube also so you can stand in the water to grill also. Lots of good thoughts on this forum for boats. Let's keep them coming!

I'll get a pic of the other side. The platform is bolted on to the boat. The grill base, pole, platform and tank holder are welded together.

I just had the first service done yesterday and the guys at the dealership where I bought it wanted to know if I could make more of them. It was all done by a friend of mine who runs a fabrication shop.

medium.572c226d2525e_Pontoongrill2.jpg.f89baeadbdb8a9d1584f3381cde803c5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Bennington. I'd like to be one of your suppliers. I will sell you this grill option for $$$$$$ and you can sell it as a factory option. What do you think? Just saying.

Lt. Dan, great looking setup. Since we can't see the other side and how low it actually is, have you run it set up like that, and if so, does the diamond plate get in the way of the wake? I know mine starts shooting up right at the bottom level of the deck.

Sorry it took so long to get back. Here are a couple more pics. There is no loss of speed and no water being thrown up.

medium.57329a735bfbd_Pontoongrill4.jpg.3867826b409fd68f87bebbf574d4351c.jpg

medium.57329a1ab5334_Pontoongrill3.jpg.184fe3ae82fcd2e00ceb5e65324f8c0c.jpg

Very nice job!

Very Nice!  Not interested in it for a grill but would love it just as a small extended deck to walk on as there is minimum room there on my RL

Back