New 2275GS for 2016!

Can you downgrade to a 115? That will save you some coin.

After looking at the boat builder, why would bennington offer a 150hp on a normal double tube pontoon?  

Can you downgrade to a 115? That will save you some coin.

I'm thinking we will just keep the 150, I thought I read somewhere that you can get the express tube afterwards?  That might be an option if we feel it is needed. 

After looking at the boat builder, why would bennington offer a 150hp on a normal double tube pontoon?  

I'm thinking we will just keep the 150, I thought I read somewhere that you can get the express tube afterwards?  That might be an option if we feel it is needed. 

You can. I did it 2 summers ago. It's a big improvement. Some saw a slight speed gain, others, none at all. But always a better ride. MUCH better ride and ability to handle rougher water.

Plan on spending +/- $3K, plus a trailer upgrade, depending on what style of trailer you have.

Feel free to contact me when you get to that point. I have LOTS of advice!!!

If it's somthing you really want to do. I'd kick it up the ladder and request to talk to the area rep, and keep going until you hear it from someone like a production manager or somone higher up at BM. Just a suggestion. 

I agree, in reality if it is not already built....it is not too late! Get what you want the first time.

I agree, in reality if it is not already built....it is not too late! Get what you want the first time.

That's the problem, it's just about done. 

That's the problem, it's just about done. 

I think they usually ship the extra tubes underneath the other boats on a load, so now is the time to get it even if the dealer installs. To do it later the issue is often shipping cost and sometimes a long wait until a load goes out to your area.

I think they usually ship the extra tubes underneath the other boats on a load, so now is the time to get it even if the dealer installs. To do it later the issue is often shipping cost and sometimes a long wait until a load goes out to your area.

I'm trying to find out if our dealer can even do this, hope to hear the response from him today.  He doesn't have a very big place. There is another Bennington dealer near by, if our dealer can't do it I might see if the other dealership can.  Having the waveshield too may be a problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me that adding the third toon for the SPS could be added at any time during the build as it just bolts on.  At the very least as TomS says they can add to the shipment and the dealer can bolt it on

Can't agree. The SPS includes the fuel tank in the tube. That makes it more than a simple job. I am unaware that BM offers the SPS as a retrofit.

An Express tube can be retrofitted, but yes, the 2 tube wave shield would have to be removed and new shielding fabricated.

My advice? Use and enjoy your new boat as ordered. After a season, if you are still interested, order an Express tube and have it installed during the off season.

Both Link and I can provide you the guidance you need.

Can't agree. The SPS includes the fuel tank in the tube. That makes it more than a simple job. I am unaware that BM offers the SPS as a retrofit.

An Express tube can be retrofitted, but yes, the 2 tube wave shield would have to be removed and new shielding fabricated.

My advice? Use and enjoy your new boat as ordered. After a season, if you are still interested, order an Express tube and have it installed during the off season.

Both Link and I can provide you the guidance you need.

Thank you guys so much.  I think that is what we would do, use it this season the way it is and if we really need it or feels like we need it (express tube) then we will look into having it added during the winter when we can't use it!  Who knows, maybe PADS will set in and order a new one at the end of the season! On the other side, you can't miss what you don't have or ever tried and maybe we will like it just the way it is :) . It does have everything else we wanted! 

Our dealer finally got back to me and it sounds like his dealership has never done one before because he said that it would be a rather large project, but it can be done!  He didn't give me any kind of quote on it though.

So with that in mind we will use it this season as is and talk to him him again when fall gets closer or when we pick up the boat about the cost of having an express tube installed over the winter, see if we can get the tube shipped with one of his loads (I've been reading!!).  Depends on what he says the cost is going to be.  We would also need to get a new trailer if this is done because we have a scissors trailer and I know that some have issues with that style of trailer but we love it for our area when we launch our boat into some of the other lakes.

It's going to be a long month!  :p

Just wanted to update here because everyone was a big help especially @goldnrod24, thank you so much!!

We talked back and forth with our dealer and on Saturday hubby and I drove to our dealer to chat with him face to face about an SPS package and said that maybe he can change the shipment to the next one a month later or at the very least installing the express tube afterwards.  

Well I just got off the phone with him and Bennington will be adding the SPS package for us!!  Also adding the full power assist AND was able to keep the current shipping date!! Talk about VERY HAPPY customers now!! :D  We were ecstatic with the news and now it's just sit and wait until it arrives! :D  The dealer was very clear though, this is the very last change that can be made, so don't give us anymore ideas please! LOL  :p

Good for you, you're going to love it!

Awesome! Adding the SPS makes a HUGE difference in the ride of the boat! I knew it could be done!

I'm happy too! Good for you!

You are going to have smiles from ear to ear! Congrats!

You will love the changes

Go big or go home ..... Tell him you decided on a "Q" ..... I bet he can change that option ....  :D

Sounds like you have early signs of PADS but were able to get the antidote in its early stage so you might be protected for the next year or two.  :lol:

Back