New Bennington Carpet 'still' gets wet!

I will certainly be looking this fall. I need to somehow convince my wife, who is presently thrilled with the boat, to read these posts so that she wont think it is just me wanting something more when we don't need it. These boats are so beautiful. I know there will be fun times to be had!

I am looking forward to finding "jaws" on Nolin this weekend. Making new lake friends is always fun!

I'd probably not pour a bunch of money into yours if you are thinking of upgrading next year. Not sure what the ROI would be on an express tube. I'm sure others with that setup will chime in. Link is yours on the water yet?

Believe it or not the boat is not in yet.  We are going to the lake Friday morning, my boat will be there and I will write a review on the Express Package.  In  a way I kind of wish it was a mid summer project rather than a winter project so I could have documented some speed statistics of before and after to go along with how it feels

Last edited by a moderator:
JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MY DEALER! GOOD NEWS - Because the floor keeps saturating with water each time we take the boat out BENNINGTON IS SENDING THE SKIN!!! I am really EXCITED about that.

Believe it or not the boat is not in yet.  We are going to the lake Friday morning, my boat will be there and I will write a review on the Express Package.  In  a way I kind of wish it was a mid summer project rather than a winter project so I could have documented some speed statistics of before and after to go along with how it feels
I am looking forward to hearing what the outcome is. Your results will most likely influence my actions on investing more money since we have a similar set up.

I will certainly be looking this fall. I need to somehow convince my wife, who is presently thrilled with the boat, to read these posts so that she wont think it is just me wanting something more when we don't need it. These boats are so beautiful. I know there will be fun times to be had!

I am looking forward to finding "jaws" on Nolin this weekend. Making new lake friends is always fun!
Looking forward to meeting you! I will most likely be in Dog Creek shored on the back side of the island.

I was just reading on here about breaking in the new engine and there was just a bite mentioned about running the motor. The post suggested running at low rpm for an hour then bump it up a little for an hour etc. How exactly am I to run the new motor in the break in period for the first twenty hours? Should I never go wot until the twenty hours are over?

Look in your owners manual for the info. It should have the recommended break in procedure.

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MY DEALER! GOOD NEWS - Because the floor keeps saturating with water each time we take the boat out BENNINGTON IS SENDING THE SKIN!!! I am really EXCITED about that.
Free?!? That's fantastic!

Freddy, Yamaha & Mercury have different break in procedures.  Here is the one for my Yamaha but I think you have a newer model so either go on the Yamaha website or look in the manual that came with your motor

Yamaha Break in Procedure

1. Hour 1 (First Hour) Run engine at 2000 RPM (approx. ½ throttle)

2. Hour 2 (Second Hour) Run engine at 3000 RPM (approx. 3/4 throttle)

3. Hour 3 – 10 (Next 8 Hours) Avoid continuous operation at Full Throttle for more than 5 minutes at a time

4. After the first 10 hours Operate the engine normally

Re:break-in procedure  ... what Link noted is about what I remember too, but just a quick mention, our dealer said to not just "set it and forget it" on a particular throttle position but rather every couple of minutes switch it around a little (lil slower, lil faster), with the max per your guidelines. FWIW

Okay, thank you guys! I have 3 hours that I put on the motor at various speeds. The dealer put two on while trying to work on the leak. This week end I will do the variable speeds and avoid full throttle. 

Free?!? That's fantastic!
Yeah! I am shocked. The dealer said that Bennington said that since the wave shields did not work they would send the skinning. When looking for boats I asked the dealer why he liked the Bennington brand so much and he said one main reason was that the company was great to work with. They covered their product better than any other line up he carries now forever carried. So, for me it was a no brainer. 

Wow, what a thread.  I'm not saying it needed to stick to the original topic, but we have sure covered a lot of ground here!  Perhaps it needs to be pinned as a "things to consider before and just after buying" thread!   :)

Freddy -- you're going to have a great time on your boat!!

Yes sir John, An original thread for "Bennington Shoppers" would be awesome. I sure wish I had seen one, or even knew of one prior to making this decision.

There is a Tux rental place where I live that has big banners that state "DON"T GET MARRIED"...until you visit xxx tux shop. Gets your attention the first time. Maybe we need a "DON'T SUBMIT YOUR ORDER....UNTIL YOU READ THIS" thread where we can share our stories in one thread for new buyers to read through and learn from our mistakes. If it works for one than we helped a fellow owner! I guarentee it will drive sales for Bennington as well via add ons etc.

disclaimer-xxx is not adult themed, that is just me using x's instead of their name. Take it easy!

Yeah! I am shocked. The dealer said that Bennington said that since the wave shields did not work they would send the skinning. When looking for boats I asked the dealer why he liked the Bennington brand so much and he said one main reason was that the company was great to work with. They covered their product better than any other line up he carries now forever carried. So, for me it was a no brainer. 
Bennington will take care of you. I had my last boat 10 years, and they always stepped up anytime I needed anything. The replaced half of my interior for free years after I bought the boat because the stitching was fraying. I went back to them when it was time for a new boat in part because of their customer service.

That is great to hear about a company. customer advertising like that will always prompt me to purchase that brand. My wife and I considered either Premier or Bennington, it was the reported customer service that led us to choose Bennington. The fact that I did not chose the right options was not Benningtons fault at all. My next one will be a Benny!

Hey everyone I have a big question....I spoke with the local dealer today and he almost convinced me to go with the express tubes with the lifting strakes on the express tubes. My dealer has the underskinning ordered from Bennington now. Should I wait to put the aluminum skin under the boat to make a decision on the express tubes, or does it matter??

Back