New Benny Owner Here - This Forum Rocks!

Image link test ......... From Photobucket link

de3309ff719feb9a7a619cb34b4d329b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't quote or post photos either. Man that picture gets me excited for spring.

I can't quote or post photos either. Man that picture gets me excited for spring.
Are you using a mobile device?  I was able to quote you using our desktop PC.

It looks like I can quote from the iPad, just not the PC.
Hmmm .... that's weird ... I can do from PC too. I wonder if it's a settings thing ??

Hey congrats on the new toon!! it looks great and the Admiral is definitely in charge! Thanks for posting the pics and looking forward to more.

Marc

Nice pix Semp, we're getting there

75219869.jpg

Feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve 

The boat is being delivered May 1st and mother nature isn't cooperating.

Have a lot of prep work to do on the dock before the SL21 is delivered.

Any suggestions, I currently have a fixed dock, considering the placement of floats under dock.

Thinking the floating dock may be better for the boat and access to the boat

57931529.jpg

Looking forward to a great boating season. 

If your lake level changes, a floating dock is the way to go.

Because our lake has drastic level changes I always envied those with stable docks.  Our dock looks like 3/4 of the border of a box and we have about 15 boats on it.  Nice because it gives the kids a safe place to swim in the center. 

Problem is it is a tippy to walk the dock and when it storms it is dangerous. Every year we replace the two worst looking sections with new ones we build as regular maintenance.  We use 6 of those 55 gallon drums on each of the walkway sections and we are starting to think we have too much buoyancy so this year we are going t try to build the two new walkway sections with 4 barrels and see how that works out.

Our dock uses the square/rectanular floats and it's very stable.

Carl, I have lobbied to make that change as I do think it would be a huge improvement.  Our cabin is in an association and the association is responsible for maintaining the walkway with each individual responsible for their slip [or finger] that attaches to the walkway.  Some claim expense some claim they always fill with water but I and a few others can't get the majority to do that

BTW Carl, congratulations on breaking 2,000 posts.  Your input and knowledge has helped novices and idiots like myself tremendously

Our community floating dock has the rectangular metal floats.  It is over 25 years old and we are just now starting to replace floats. 

Didn't realize the 2000 posts, and thanks for the kind words. While looking at the floats while they were building our dock, there is no way they would leak. They are pretty thick.

The lake is normally stable here as long as the summer rain keeps up with the suns evaporation.

It is a man made , spring fed lake.

Depths are 25 feet off my dock and 75 feet off the dam.

Had the floating dock but grew tired of the up and down motion due to the wakes.

Top priority is protecting the boat with bumpers.

Benny's are too expensive to damage the first season.

102058132.jpg

"Lake Living Is Living At It's Best"

Nice crib.  I always like your pics!

John,

I always wanted a house on the water

Proximity to the primary residence was an issue 

And of course if I was going to spend the entire summer at the new location 

Close proximity to work was a must

Believe it or not my homes are just 22 miles apart from one another

Allowed me to go back and forth with ease

So many of my friends have their cottages, cabins or lake homes hours apart

Needless to say 

They seldom get to their get-a-way

I love Haliburton in Ontario but getting there and being able to work was not possible

Now that I am retired I wish the Lake was much larger

But I am happy here close to everything I need

Here is a young family member 

I wish I grew up in a place like this (lol)

SS852671.JPG

Back