New member, Bennington on order!!!!

Iraq 69

Reaction score
Hey All,

We ordered our new Bennington 22SLX on Saturday morning!!!! Now the wait begins. Today was in the 60's and a good day to be out on the water. We looked a long time and demoed several other brands prior to making our decision to buy Bennington. I have been a lurker here for a while and am very happy to be a member.

We hope to have our new boat around the end of March, can hardly wait!!

Marc

Thank you for your service, and congrats on the new boat!

Congrats and welcome aboard! What motor and hull did you get?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Benny!!!

Remember ..... PICS !!!!!

Congrats on the new Benni, you are gonna love it !!!!

Welcome and congrats on the new order. Temps in the 60's...so your not in Michigan!

nice choice on colors and you will love the engine package. that is a beautiful lake there, welcome home, and welcome to the world of Bennington !!!

Thanks for serving, and congrats on the new boat. You made a good choice.

I second that.  Thank you for your service to this great country.  Soon you will get to enjoy a great boat.

Congrats and welcome!  Hope you enjoy the new boat!

Jack

Congratulations!  Yeah lakeliving I wondered the same, we went up to the lake this past weekend for the annual ice fishing contest and it was 20 with a light snow still glad to be there and see our lake family.  Good news is that generally means that we have reached the half way point of the winter

Hey All,

Thanks for the kind words, I think we will love it too!!

Kaydano,

We ordered the SPS hull and a Yamaha 150 4 stroke engine.

We hope to run into some of you local folks this spring. We are hoping to have our boat by the end of March, we'll see!

Will post pics when the boat comes in.

Marc

Iraq 69,

I see by your signature that you are on Table Rock Lake.  I live in and boat out of Kimberling City.  Where are you located?

Jack

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE and best of luck with your benny

I'm not at all knocking those that used the word "service" above, but it seems like there should be a better word for those that are willing to give their life for their country.  I know "service" is the word that is generally used for this, but it just isn't an adequate word to describe what people in the armed forces are willing do for the rest of us. 

We us the phrase "customer service" every day.  To use that same word to describe what those in the military do, something that is ORDERS of magnitude more significant, just doesn't seem adequate...

I'm not at all knocking those that used the word "service" above, but it seems like there should be a better word for those that are willing to give their life for their country.  I know "service" is the word that is generally used for this, but it just isn't an adequate word to describe what people in the armed forces are willing do for the rest of us. 

We us the phrase "customer service" every day.  To use that same word to describe what those in the military do, something that is ORDERS of magnitude more significant, just doesn't seem adequate...
      I can't answer for Marc, but truthfully, me personally, I have no problem with the word "Service" ie: "to have served". I am honored when someone says " Thank you for your service" ..... as with other things I'd rather hear that, then nothing at all.

I also have been told "Thank You for protecting my Freedom" .... I am humbled when people say it and it actually makes me feel very Proud .....  :)

What I hate to hear though is ...... "I was gonna sign up, but .... blah, blah, blah ......" ..... just say "I never had the privilege to serve" and let it go at that.

I would never disrespect someone for not serving, it's a choice, but I do lose respect when you feed me b/s lines about why you did'nt....... sorry for the rant ......

Just my 2 cents ..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't answer for Marc, but truthfully, me personally, I have no problem with the word "Service" ie: "to have served". I am honored when someone says " Thank you for your service" ..... as with other things I'd rather hear that, then nothing at all.

I also have been told "Thank You for protecting my Freedom" .... I am humbled when people say it and it actually makes me feel very Proud .....  :)

What I hate to hear though is ...... "I was gonna sign up, but .... blah, blah, blah ......" ..... just say "I never had the privilege to serve" and let it go at that.

I would never disrespect someone for not serving, it's a choice, but I do lose respect when you feed me b/s lines about why you did'nt....... sorry for the rant ......

Just my 2 cents ..... ;)
+1 on don't make excuses if you didn't serve. Thankyou for your service is good for me. It's better than what we got coming home from Viet Nam.

+1 on don't make excuses if you didn't serve. Thankyou for your service is good for me. It's better than what we got coming home from Viet Nam.
I agree with what was said above that I am honored anytime someone tells me "thank you for your service" and it is far better than most of what we got when we returned from Viet Nam.

Jack

Back