New playpen cover

I have both the factory cover of Surelast and a 30' Sunbrella boat lift canopy. As someone mentioned, the Sunbrella is very durable however it's also going to be very heavy on a 25' boat.

Our 30' boat life (for our ski boat) is Sunbrella as well.

I just called the local canvas company again and she insists that the entire new cover with Sunbrella is only going to be about 5-8 lbs heavier than what I currently have so I guess I'm not too worried about that.  She stated that it will be slightly more bulky but nothing significant.

Did you contact Tumac directly ? I emailed  a question in the past ,they answered the same day .

http://www.tumacscovers.net
Man thank you SO much for that info.  I called Mike @ Tumac just now.  He really feels I should go with the Aqualon material which is what my original cover is made out of and insists I am going to get way more than the 5-8 years of life out of than my local canvas person said...especially since I keep in indoor heated storage during the winter months.  He has the exact pattern for my year/model boat and it will fit exactly like mine does and he will even put the stern strap that loops over the bimini cover that they all come with now.  Best part?  He's gonna sell it to me for $975....out the door....delivered to my house.  He just asked that I email him a pic of the bow, stern and side of my boat with the cover I have now on it. 

Again, so much for my local Bennington dealer knowing anything about these covers.

Great news! Can't wait to see it when it comes in. What is the time frame?

You know what he didn't even tell me that....lol.  I still have to email him the pics of my boat tonight so I will ask him.  I will still have to take the boat and new cover to my local canvas shop to have them install all the snaps though.....at $60/hr labor for 2-3 hrs per them.

Man thank you SO much for that info.  I called Mike @ Tumac just now.  He really feels I should go with the Aqualon material which is what my original cover is made out of and insists I am going to get way more than the 5-8 years of life out of than my local canvas person said...especially since I keep in indoor heated storage during the winter months.  He has the exact pattern for my year/model boat and it will fit exactly like mine does and he will even put the stern strap that loops over the bimini cover that they all come with now.  Best part?  He's gonna sell it to me for $975....out the door....delivered to my house.  He just asked that I email him a pic of the bow, stern and side of my boat with the cover I have now on it. 

Again, so much for my local Bennington dealer knowing anything about these covers.
You are welcome .glad I was able to help 

Just officially placed my order (payment) with Tumacs.  Said he'd have it delivered in 2 weeks, maybe less.  Ended up spending another $150 for a new bimini boot cover as well because I didn't want it looking so different from the new playpen cover which he indicated it would. 

I asked him if 303 fabric protector was necessary and he said no...just a waste of money.  He said had I went with the Sunbrella material than yes, you would want to apply it on that.  I still might put it on....don't know yet.  That stuff isn't cheap I know that.

Keith, would you post the contact # you used for Mike.

We picked the boat up Saturday morning from barn storage.  There was a little tiny rip in the cover at the front pole.  I was surprised to see it since it was out of the weather all winter.  I knew the top is 6 years old and was in the weather the whole time except for this winter.  Hitched it up and got 1 mile down the road and the cover split in two and ripped in 4 other places.  When I got to the lake I took the remains of the cover off and looked if it could be fixed.  You can see through the fabric.  I think it just dry rotted this winter in the barn.  Anyway I WAS planning on replacing the swim platform with the 2014 style but now I am going to be ordering a new top like Keith.  What stinks is the boat is 4 hours away with no cover or inside storage. 

I know last year I was able to tell the before & after . After, the water rolled off like a freshly waxed car. 

Yeah it's Mike from Tumacs....their work number is (412) 653-1188.  If you ask for Mike and they put you into his voicemail his greeting has his cell phone number which is (412) 999-6125.

Yeah I guess I'll go ahead with the 303 on mine then.

Thanks Keith.  I called and waiting for a call back.

Is he sewing the b into the Bimini boot? Or do you have to go through a dealer for that?

After reading that I just called him to ask. He's checking into it and will let me know by tomorrow. He said they don't always have that material that used for that but he said if he is able to do it it would be that black color that is used.

What would you do without me?

I'd be totally lost.

Keith, would you post the contact # you used for Mike.

We picked the boat up Saturday morning from barn storage.  There was a little tiny rip in the cover at the front pole.  I was surprised to see it since it was out of the weather all winter.  I knew the top is 6 years old and was in the weather the whole time except for this winter.  Hitched it up and got 1 mile down the road and the cover split in two and ripped in 4 other places.  When I got to the lake I took the remains of the cover off and looked if it could be fixed.  You can see through the fabric.  I think it just dry rotted this winter in the barn.  Anyway I WAS planning on replacing the swim platform with the 2014 style but now I am going to be ordering a new top like Keith.  What stinks is the boat is 4 hours away with no cover or inside storage. 
Get a new boat...  Ha ha ha

We have a great tent and awning company locally.  We also have enough local boats to have a marine upholstery shop.  Either could make a cover out of any material anyone desires.

The main thing is that if you're going with a custom cover, don't wait until it's in threads.  The tent/awning shop can use your old cover for a pattern when making the new cover--and save some time and ultimately money.

There are some shops in the SW Ohio area that can be seen on the internet that make mooring covers.

There are some shops in the SW Ohio area that can be seen on the internet that make mooring covers.
We had The Sailor Tailor in Bellbrook Oh make a towing cover for the toon that goes to Canada.  They did a great job.  The KY boat only trailers 10 miles a year.  A factory replacement mooring cover will work.  I will buy the good snap tool kit and do it myself.

Found the Hoover Press n snap tools for the best price at this site: https://www.rochfordsupply.com/

Ordered the top from Katie at Tumac's in Elkhart IN.  They have the patterns for 2008 and newer Bennington models.

Been a good transaction so far. 

Well my covers (got a matching bimini boot cover too) arrived from Tumacs last week.  I specifically asked him to sew the stern strap that loops over the bimini so water doesn't pool there but he neglected to do that so I'm not too happy about that.  He also didn't sew the Bennington logo on the bimini boot cover saying he couldn't because of the material used.  Sounds like BS to me.

Does anyone have a good photo they could send me of their rear strap on their cover showing where it's sewed into the cover and how it loops over the bimini?  The canvas store I have coming out to install the snaps in my new cover said they'd put a strap in as well but want a photo of how it looks.  My old one doesn't have it on it because Bennington wasn't installing them in 2005.

Back