Noodle Rack

kaydano

Reaction score
Pics coming soon...

Here's the new Noodle Rack. 1/2 inch PVC.

Here it is with the posts. I have not capped each post yet.

Here it is with the noodles on it:

This one shows the post in the back that will be strapped to a straight section of fence rail (either on the extended deck near the motor, or just behind the driver). The two 90s in the front serve the same purpose, but will allow me to use this inside the curved section of fence next to the lounger. You can see this in the bottom left corner of my avitar photo. I may have to take a photo once on the boat to better explain this.

This last photo shows the 1/2 inch PVC pipe is smaller than the hole in the noodle, but the cap is bigger. When the noodle is on the rack, the noodle forms itself around the cap, which locks it into place.

There you go. Noodle Rack. ~$10 in parts. I'm going to paint it gloss red, just for Derrick. I may fill it with sand for weight. When done boating, I'll unstrap it from the fence, and lay it on the floor somewhere (so the mooring cover can go on) or just take it home with me. I'll probably get a strap for the top end of the noodles to keep them together better when not in use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool idea, reminds of something I saw the Blue Man group playing in concert lol.

Great idea. Nice, simple, and cheap !!!

Good choice on color!! Neat idea, you might want to make sure you file down/sand down the edges of the caps so they don't catch or slowly tear the inside of the noodle.

Kool way to keep those things organized!!!

(Do not try this at home)

Another few dollars in parts and you could hook it up to a mini air compressor, schrader valves, put valves with handles on each "stem", cap the noodles and voila, you have a mini rocket launcher.

Good old American ingenuity!!!!!! Now you need to make one for your "throw pillows" and life jackets....................... nice wainscoting/moulding by the way.

Good choice on color!! Neat idea, you might want to make sure you file down/sand down the edges of the caps so they don't catch or slowly tear the inside of the noodle.
You sound like you did this before...

You are exactly right. I left that instruction out, but if you look at the pic of the cap closely, you might see I did round the edges. I had to, they rip the crap out of the noodle, like you said.

(Do not try this at home)

Another few dollars in parts and you could hook it up to a mini air compressor, schrader valves, put valves with handles on each "stem", cap the noodles and voila, you have a mini rocket launcher.
My kids would go NUTS over that! I'd have to rebuild it with Schedule 60 though (used cheaper 40)... My "jump start" battery has a small compressor though, and it's already on the boat... Hmmmmm...

Good old American ingenuity!!!!!! Now you need to make one for your "throw pillows" and life jackets....................... nice wainscoting/moulding by the way.
Thanks for the compliment on the wainscoting. I did that when I finshed the basement to make the walls match the design I put on the bar. The thicker flat pieces were just plain (cheap) oak veneer plywood, with oak mouldings to cover up the edges. Ever use a Kreg pocket jig? It's a really cool pocket hole tool for making tight butt joints (which I did with the plywood - if you look close, you'll see the grain take a 90 where the pieces butt together - no one notices that but me).

Throw pillows???

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliment on the wainscoting. I did that when I finshed the basement to make the walls match the design I put on the bar. The thicker flat pieces were just plain (cheap) oak veneer plywood, with oak mouldings to cover up the edges. Ever use a Kreg pocket jig? It's a really cool pocket hole tool for making tight butt joints (which I did with the plywood - if you look close, you'll see the grain take a 90 where the pieces butt together - no one notices that but me).

Throw pillows???
In the words of Beavis and Butthead, "uhh hehe, you just said tight butt joints."

HA HA HA HA! Oh man, I was in deep need of a good laugh when I sat down at the computer just now too. Very funny!

Kaydano, pretty clever! Build anything for fenders? Hate to just throw then under a seat if they are wet

Yeah you know those square throw pillows/cushions.................. I have at least one next to the Captain's seat in case somebody goes overboard. We have 6 of them tucked away in various places that we use to float on when anchored in our favorite cove. We use them like you all use your noodles...................I'm down to about 210 lbs. from 250 since I retired. Those noodles never really held me up before! Ha!

Kaydano, pretty clever! Build anything for fenders? Hate to just throw then under a seat if they are wet
Not yet. Stumped on that one. Been thinking about it off and on for a while, and I know what you mean.

Yeah you know those square throw pillows/cushions.................. I have at least one next to the Captain's seat in case somebody goes overboard. We have 6 of them tucked away in various places that we use to float on when anchored in our favorite cove. We use them like you all use your noodles...................I'm down to about 210 lbs. from 250 since I retired. Those noodles never really held me up before! Ha!
Ahhh. I get it now. I was thinking Mrs. Kahuna was maybe decorating the boat with throw pillows, doileys and those finger towels you're not supposed to use...

Ahhh. I get it now. I was thinking Mrs. Kahuna was maybe decorating the boat with throw pillows, doileys and those finger towels you're not supposed to use...
Hahaha we do have a couple "throw pillows" we use when we take our naps on the sun pad.........so comfortable! No doileys or finger towels, yet.

Back