not happy

Copperline - Your story and how you handled it will no doubt help many others who lurk here. Thanks for sharing the saga.

What bothers me though is it's not just Copperline. There's the guy who's boat got hit by a fork lift and his dealer is denying it (sorry I don't remember the name, but you guys know who I'm talking about). And those aren't the only two. It seems like there's been story after story after story the last few weeks about owners who are frustrated with their dealers. It makes you want to start a "Dealer Reputation" thread, posting who's reputable, and more importantly, who's not.

I am CERTAIN there are LOTS of dealers lurking here, silently watching what us owners say. And just in case there's a few dealers out there that still don't get it, I'm here to tell you there are TONS of potential buyers lurking around here too, just reading the stories. I know this because that's what I did before I laid down my cash. If you don't believe me, there's a new post almost daily from someone checking in for the first time just to say "Hi" to the forum, and nearly ALL of them state that they've been soaking up all the info here for a long time. I'm sure getting black balled on a "non-reputable dealer list" would sting pretty bad. I know not all dealers treat their customers poorly, the majority are great, I'm sure. I'm thrilled with mine. But I did leave my first dealer just before I closed on my boat because I was frustrated with him. He lost my purchase. I'm sure his losing me didn't put a dent in his bottom line, but I'll never go back there. Ever.

I won't start the "Black Ball" thread myself, but I'm guessing there are about a dozen guys here with frustrating stories that wouldn't think twice about it. If there are that many guys actually posting their dealer frustrations here, think how many MULTIPLES more that are NOT posting their stories...

So, to the dealers reading this, take note - Benny owners are loyal to the brand, but we'll flip dealers in a heartbeat if you treat us poorly. I did. There are a number of guys posting here lately that I think SHOULD do that. You don't have to read very far into this forum to understand Benny owners demand good customer service. Start shaping up, or we'll ship you out.

My Dealer is outstanding and a great asset to Bennington

Todd Taylor Marine

Belleville Illinois

Could not ask for better

Ron Weidenhaft

Along with the poor dealers I believe the the Good ( or what ever term you would like to use ) should also be recognized .For the same reasons ,new people looking for one .

My dealer is one of the Good ones .

http://www.burtlakemarina.com/

Indian River Michigan .

Awesome !!! Enjoy the maiden voyage !!!!

Is it 900 yet!?!?!?! We have been up sense 430 ready to go

Have a good time copperline

It's 9:00 somewhere!! Just go and sit in the dealers lot! Hehe it be even funnier if you brought a sleeping bag, got there real early so no one was there yet and lay down at the entrance, that'd be awesome!! Get the whole family into it!!

Acodring to his pics ,it looks like it i

It's 9:00 somewhere!! Just go and sit in the dealers lot! Hehe it be even funnier if you brought a sleeping bag, got there real early so no one was there yet and lay down at the entrance, that'd be awesome!! Get the whole family into it!!
According to his pics,it appears to be in his drive way already .

Ahhh stupid me!! Haha I guess he meant they're going BOATING at 9:00!! Maybe I should have read the whole thread, not just caught up on the last page!

Ahhh stupid me!! Haha I guess he meant they're going BOATING at 9:00!! Maybe I should have read the whole thread, not just caught up on the last page!
When mine does arrive ,I will be taking that sleeping bag .

Pretty sure it'd be the funniest thing the dealer would see for a while! Maybe bring along a little Magma grill or something and the boats porti potty. JUST FOR LOOKS!! Pretty sure it's against the law to drop a doody on the dealer doorstep.

Pretty sure it'd be the funniest thing the dealer would see for a while! Maybe bring along a little Magma grill or something and the boats porti potty. JUST FOR LOOKS!! Pretty sure it's against the law to drop a doody on the dealer doorstep.
I could blame the dog that is there .

2012_reggie_boating.png

Impressive, a dog that drinks from a can, not many can hold it, does he spill often?

Impressive, a dog that drinks from a can, not many can hold it, does he spill often?
You mean your dogs can't do that? You need something different in the can B)

Boat is in the water for the year :) we did about 42mph with half tank of gas and my wife and 4yo on board. Came in to get food and drinks and off we go for the day

Back