not happy

Then again, chances of them doing that are slim, so all your going to do is get in an argument with the dealer which will create bad blood and anger. The bottom line is, I believe the dealer truly did believe the motor would be in by now, why wouldn't they. I'm sure they are just as surprised as you are that it isn't. I'm sure that each time you called, they called their Yamaha rep and he told them the same thing they told you. It would be a whole different story if the motor was there and they were slacking off on getting it mounted. I know it still sucks, but I guess it is what it is. I am surprised about the loan thing, I couldn't put my financing through until I had the serial #'s for all. Now they did say they could switch serial numbers within the first month or so.

Semper, quit being so lazy, it's in his signature! Haha
It's early ....... :wacko:

Never hurts to ask though ....... ;)

Was that change BOAT serial numbers ...... the way you like to change :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooperline, why don't you ask your dealer if he has the 200 in stock and if he says yes then ask what they can do for you on the cost of the upgrade to the 200

I got the 32" twin elliptical package, the most HP it will take is a 150

Maybe rig a 115 till the 150 get's there ??

Copperline, sorry to hear of the delay, i'm sure it's frustrating.

If i recall correctly, after the sunami hit Japan many of the manufacturers over there had damage to their facilities and production of many products was affected, including Yamaha outboards. There was talk of long delays and back orders, and i'm not sure they have fully recovered or caught up yet.

As some have mentioned, perhaps the dealer could work out a loaner until your engine arrives.

I know it's not how you wanted this to turn out, but in the end you will be very happy with your new toon.

Dealer called today, if you say your done, they all of a sudden can not only find your motor but tell you when it will be in

Sweet, hope they gave you date you are happy with !!!

By next week

Glad to hear Copperline

Copperline,

I've been thinking about you guys since you started this thread! I didn't want to post until I heard "the good news". But I can't take it anymore!! So I have to ask, what's the latest?? Gonna be a nice weekend on the river!! I hope Padre doesn't have the same issue. I know you guys use the same dealer. Wait, does Padre have his ship already?

Copperline my friend had the same problem with his Bennington and the Yamaha 150. Although the was right after the surnami.

Hopefully it works out over the next week for you... However, I feel they owe you something for taking your other boat before the new one was seaworthy. I had my new boat delayed when I bought it and ended up pushing past a 4th of July weekend. They wanted my trade-in and I wouldn't let them have it until the new one was rigged and ready for delivery. Good thing, or I wouildn't have had a boat over that 4th of July. Stuff happens and you make the best of it, but a man without his boat is intolerable!!! So, as a matter of goodwill, I'd expect something for your troubles...

Nobody ever needs to sign any papers or pay for a boat until it's ready to go. You don't want to cut yourself short on warranty.

And if you're financing a boat, you don't want to give the dealer "any time," because time is money. Every day he has that boat and motor on his floorplan accounts, he must pay the interest to the bank or finance company that's handling his inventory financing.

Well called the dealer today, motor is in but he is really backed up so he said to call back next week. So I said I will call tomorrow and if the boat is not ready I will be there to take my old boat, and business elsewhere. And yea the river is down and its going to be a great weekend, so if I had my old boat we would be out all weekend

Good for you for not taking any crap or excuses.

You have been more than cooperative ,bad thing is having the wait on a reorder .

Nice play... Hopefully you got his attention! Please let us know if this worked. It's one thing to be unhappy chilling on your old boat while waiting for the new boat. It's not acceptable to have no boat while the weather and water are calling... Seems a reasonable desire and I guess the dealers don't get it. As I mentioned earlier, they wanted my old boat before the new one was ready. I held the old boat, and the money until they said the new one was ready to go and would be delivered the next day. It meant 2 trips to the dealer with the old boat (one to get it appraised, and one to hand it over), but at least I had a boat over a nice 4th of July weekend rather than sitting at home without a one.

Good Luck!!

Went to the dealer and took my new boat home, motor and all :) !!!!! Love, love, love going on the river tomorrow

Glad to hear. When I read this earlier, I thought to myself, I bet the dealer doesn't have the motor...glad I was wrong!

Great news !! Enjoy the water tomorrow. B)

Back