Oops I did it again, I think.

Hey.....................how much you want for your..........."OLD" one??????? And do you ship to Virginia?????? Hahahahaha!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I'm not the only one! lol. Only had my 07 for 3 seasons and traded for my 2011, almost 3 years later and my wife is still riding me about that too. I want to jump into a 200 Yamaha SHO and my wife is just cringing at the thought of any more money into it already. Famous wife words "Whats wrong with this one or what was wrong with the last pontoon?" :wub: :rolleyes:

I am going to have this one for a long time but I am going to win the engine battle...............................Someday. :p

Congrats and can't wait to see pics!

Jack

As long as you leave something for your dogs, you can't take it with you. :) Gerry

Derrick welcome to the Tower club!!! Yes if I can so should you!!!! You probably won't need your until August anyway!!!!

Derrick welcome to the Tower club!!! Yes if I can so should you!!!! You probably won't need your until August anyway!!!!
Middle of August, I'm thinking! But should be a sweet 3 or 4 weeks before you have to put it away.

He hasn't commented here recently...I'm getting nervous.

Sorry, I work, so I can't just sit around thinking up these zingers all day long! I'd love to meet all you folks, but something tells me I may be working through any holidays I may have had! So I still haven't seen anyone's thoughts on the sandstone with crimson panels. How does everyone like the pillow top seating? I've only had standard. I do like the diamond stitch, but the wife wasn't keen on the corners. We aren't getting too wild with it, kind of the "regular " options. Tower with Wet Sounds, crimson red panels and covers and tower, sandstone interior, platinum matrix, expensive teak, bow seat, color gps, center storage, SHO 250, bluetooth, dual batts port. I'm waiting to hear about the speakers, maybe one of you folks that have the Wet Sounds in boat speakers could tell me, I want them to light up red instead of blue. Now on my cousin's speakers there are just the four led wires hanging out the back, I want to know if this is the way the Bennington's come, that way I can just switch to the red wire. I was going to just delete all the stereo components and put in my own Wet Sounds gear, I do have one amp extra laying around that is a step up from the what it comes with, and have access to another amp the same, plus another amp and sub setup. But now I might just say forget it, theirs is done already. Also, folks with the tower setup, what gauge wire are they running to the helm for power and out to the speakers? I would hope it's 12g out but suspect it's 16g. I might see if they can at least run me 1/0 power and ground to the helm and I will put in a block to distribute to the amps and a block to ground. I also am waiting to hear back from EZ Loader on a trailer. Haha I know I know, but I've said on here numerous times everyone makes mistakes, it's how they deal with them that matters. Well they did send me a fix, and Bennington did say I didn't even need it, but they did anyway. I still love the look and function of my trailer, so am willing to give them another shot.

Dang, I'm just wondering why I was born so conservative? My last pontoon boat was a 24' 1985 Starcraft with a Yamaha 115 hp 2 stroke bought 6 months old for $5900 as a repo. Had I been properly changing the lower unit lube, I'd still be running it. I've got to buy a new lower unit so I can sell it.

But I'll admit my young grandchildren are very happy with the new 24SSLX w/Yamaha F150.

What's wrong with me that I'd run a boat 27 years? We still have a 1956 Alumacraft fishing boat. And I still have a good 1990 SeaDoo PWC. But we have a 2010 Waverunner, too.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy the new boat too.

Derrick, just go with the factory wet sound system you won't be disappointed!!!!! Warranty too!!!!

I'd wait to see what they come up with in the fall... My guess it will be a Full red boat with red interior, red toons, red motor, red tinted glass, and red led's. It'll be the kcirRED package also known as the backwards edition.

I like your style, and yes I picked up on the 'backward edition'

We have the sandstone pillow top, but obviously we haven't used it yet. It does look nice with the Seagrass floor, but time will tell how it wears. It IS very comfortable though.

.... Also, folks with the tower setup, what gauge wire are they running to the helm for power and out to the speakers? I would hope it's 12g out but suspect it's 16g. I might see if they can at least run me 1/0 power and ground to the helm and I will put in a block to distribute to the amps and a block to ground. ...
I'd bet that Bennington uses 16 AWG for speaker wire. As to the power runs to the amps, the distribution block schematics I've seen show separate 40A fuses going to two amplifiers. To me this says two runs of minimum 8 AWG wire, so you should be good for up to a 480 Watt amp on each run. A 1/0 AWG power and ground run would allow for roughly 325A to the helm, perhaps a bit overkill; it should allow one to push around 3900 Watts of sound.

Voltage drop is the other half of the equation. You may not need all the watts a heavy wire provides, but it will give you higher voltage at the amplifier (and run cooler).

I guess this is just a reminder to anyone that anytime you do wiring that you should always consider voltage drop along with wattage/amperage. I was just reading Seaworthy the other night (USBoat's book) and they have had many fire claims due to voltage being just low enough to cause motors to overheat and cause a fire. This is more applicable to larger boats with AC systems that have refriderators, heat and A/C, wash machines (?), etc, but voltage drop is still something to keep in the back of your mind when picking a wire size.

Sorry, I work, so I can't just sit around thinking up these zingers all day long! I'd love to meet all you folks, but something tells me I may be working through any holidays I may have had! So I still haven't seen anyone's thoughts on the sandstone with crimson panels. How does everyone like the pillow top seating? I've only had standard. I do like the diamond stitch, but the wife wasn't keen on the corners. We aren't getting too wild with it, kind of the "regular " options. Tower with Wet Sounds, crimson red panels and covers and tower, sandstone interior, platinum matrix, expensive teak, bow seat, color gps, center storage, SHO 250, bluetooth, dual batts port. I'm waiting to hear about the speakers, maybe one of you folks that have the Wet Sounds in boat speakers could tell me, I want them to light up red instead of blue. Now on my cousin's speakers there are just the four led wires hanging out the back, I want to know if this is the way the Bennington's come, that way I can just switch to the red wire. I was going to just delete all the stereo components and put in my own Wet Sounds gear, I do have one amp extra laying around that is a step up from the what it comes with, and have access to another amp the same, plus another amp and sub setup. But now I might just say forget it, theirs is done already. Also, folks with the tower setup, what gauge wire are they running to the helm for power and out to the speakers? I would hope it's 12g out but suspect it's 16g. I might see if they can at least run me 1/0 power and ground to the helm and I will put in a block to distribute to the amps and a block to ground. I also am waiting to hear back from EZ Loader on a trailer. Haha I know I know, but I've said on here numerous times everyone makes mistakes, it's how they deal with them that matters. Well they did send me a fix, and Bennington did say I didn't even need it, but they did anyway. I still love the look and function of my trailer, so am willing to give them another shot.
I took mine yesterday to my audio guy, he has won numerous awards for sounds systems in boats, cars hummers etc, Can't tell you what i did yet.. but if this site lets you post a video, i will post it later and show you. but back to the stereo, The wet sounds only consist of the amps, subs and the 2 8" tower speakers, all the others are kickers with led blue lights, After tuning the system, this was his take, the head unit, amp and sub wolfer are o.k. nothing fancy, the wet sounds speakers on the tower are good, and the kickers will do the job, with that said, He told me if i wanted to change out the sub and amp, this thing will rock, not that it doesn't now, but i'm talking extreme sound. We even called wetsounds, they agreed with him, that the sub and amp are one of the lower grade units, but it works, they told me that Bennington wanted a sub in its seprate encoluse so this is what they got, the other thing you can do, is install RGB led lites, with a music synthesizer and you can set the speakers to work in conjuction with the led lights and create a unbelivalbe lite show, they other thing he said was they make a eq, that will let you turn off the sub, the tower, the inside speakers and only play what you want when you want, Hope any of this helps.. On another note, We almost went with the sandstone pillow top, and after talking to daniel ( owner of bennington) He said the diamond was his idea and was inspired by the bentley was more plush, and we sat on both and agreed with him, we were thinking the same thing, that it would go nice with the sea grass, but the diamond ties in just fine, and it looks rich, they put the 431 gps, with fish finder in mine, and don't forget the led lights, last nite we were checking everyhing out, had the boat in the driveway, stereo on, led lights on, all i needed was water and a cocktail and we would have been set... oh yea the bluetooth is really nice, it finds my phone )iPod_ as soon as i turn it on.. Good luck and stay tuned for my short video...

Thanks Jim, that's why I'm asking, if they can run the cable I can put in a distribution block and have better amps. I know that right now they run one wire to the helm and then do a sonic splice to the individual amps. I don't know what the gauge of wire is, so I'm asking. I am looking at the possibility of upping the stereo right from the factory, or at least deleting out lesser components. I already have a SYN4 amp, and can buy another SYN4 and another for the sub, which I can get an xs-12 which can handle 1000w by itself. Thus the bigger wire. My cousin just picked up all new Sinister series amps from wet sounds, even though his weren't even a year old and he hardly got to use them. So I have an opportunity to get them for a good price.

Back