PAD part 2 of 2 complete!!

Pretty cool to see your boat being built step by step! How often do you get to see that???????

Wow, looking good Andy ....... I bet you are jonesing right about now !!!!

Very nice Andy!! You must have paid your ninja more than me!! Haha she's gonna be sweet!!

To say I am excited would be an understatement. Given that we are already so cold this year I'm betting we're going to have more ice to melt off come spring. Damn!

That's Great!  Kinda like looking at an advanced sonogram of your baby growing.

So we went to the dealer to check out the boat in person and there were some issues. Long story short the live well was missed, helm door wasn't the same color (pinkish color) and the starboard fence wasn't crimped completely. So it is going back to Bennington to get repaired/corrected. We ended up closing the deal as we already had a check in hand from credit union and got all issues in writing.

So we went to the dealer to check out the boat in person and there were some issues. Long story short the live well was missed, helm door wasn't the same color (pinkish color) and the starboard fence wasn't crimped completely. So it is going back to Bennington to get repaired/corrected. We ended up closing the deal as we already had a check in hand from credit union and got all issues in writing.
Well at least you caught it early and there are a lot of truck loads going back and forth before all the boat shows kick in. You should have plenty of time, though I'm sure the factory will be buzzing in January.

The dealer wrote that everything would be corrected by March so that should be doable. Wife is a lot more upset than I am. It just sucks having your new boat torn apart to fix errors. Seat for live well will need changing, speaker location, wiring from switch to live well etc. and to access all this the under skinning will need to be detached and reset. Aaahhhhhh!

Sorry to hear that Andy, hopfully they get all your issues taken care of. unfortanly I am still trying to get all mine resolved from last year.

I still say they need a true QA person. This is not a "high volume" company compared to some others and the majority of issues I would think would be caught in house. Now this does not count for dealer errors where they order or miss ordering the proper items. The crimp and color issue ..... should have been caught before leaving. At least you have 3-4 months to get it straightened out.

That sucks but it sounds like it will be fixed!

Jack

We wouldn't have handed over the check if I didn't have confidence in our dealer and Bennington. It sucks but it will get corrected. I'm just not fond of the back and forth on salty roads this time of year.

Well Lakeliving, you could always ask them not to send it back till the Spring :wacko:

Tick, tick, tick ... today's the day  :)

Wont be long now. :D Less than 3 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealer advised there was a Grand Rapids delivery and we're next. Should be around 4:30-5. Hopefully this wind will die down by then. I don't have my load guides yet for the lift. On a positive note I inspected the hangar for winter storage and damn, that will be sweet.

Hope everything works out. I was only out for about half hour winds were terrible. Good thing my buddy was at the dock it literally took 45 minutes to get it in the slip. Had the wheel turned all the way and was going straight in reverse. I had to exit the marina 3 times just to turn the boat around, the wind was so bad I could not get it to spin in the marina. hoping tomorrow is a better day with less wind.

Yeah Roy that wind was crazy. No fun at all. Glad you got it in safe.

At least the sun is shining here today, but the winds are crazy again and only 53 degrees! As much as I'd like to take her out, I think my Benny is going to stay on the lift for now.

Right there with you Tom though the winds are supposed to start tampering of after 5 pm. Might take a late cruise

Back