PAD part 2 of 2 complete!!

lakeliving

Reaction score
Well it is with much excitement I announce a deposit was placed on our next Bennington order. Thank you to all for the feedback and suggestions you've all shared, My wife and I greatly appreciate it. And while I'm giving thanks I have to say thank you again to my wife Kristina!!! She is way too good to me and for me!! She's the best!

We've called around to various dealers looking to see what end of season stock they had in a G or R and ended up ordering a 2014 S through Neil at Lakeside motor sports in Mecosta MI. He is a great guy to work with.

So here is the boat specs and options,

Boat/motor:

2014 24 SSLX Regatta Blue, no accent color, Java monochrome and Mocha palm carpet (Same colors as before)

2014 Yamaha F200 2.8L SDS with stainless prop

Options:

[SIZE=medium]Chrome Logos[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]SPS 200  Package with hydraulic steering/tilt[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Rough Water Package[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Salt Water Package[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cup holder – Portable (2)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cup holder – Stern[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Recliner G Series[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Teak Table[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Customer Wheel Upgrade with Teak Accent[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Fish/Depth finder (Garmin 100)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]GPS Speedometer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Stereo – Sony M6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Docking Lights Stainless Steel[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Heavy Duty Rub Rail[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Ski Tow Bar (SPS)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Livewell Aft L Bench[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Sealed Strakes/foils[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]LED bimini[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kicker speakers[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Stainless steel ladder upgrade (No Idea what it looks like but we'll have it!!)[/SIZE]

So now the long wait starts for this one to come in and for spring to show up. This boat is going to last us for years and years to come as we'll have everything we should have ordered the first time around. Derrick, please send my official PAD member patch so I can wear it proudly!

Congrats, that'll be a great boat!

You can breathe a sigh of relief now as the analysis paralysis is officially over. Sort of. Just make sure you know the official "lock" date as after that it's a done deal.

SWEEEEEET !!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the pics !!!! Come on spring !!!

Congrats !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I can't think of anything else we would add though. It is essentially a longer version of our last boat with some more muscle. The layout really worked for us so we're excited to get it and put some hours on the clock. Hopefully we'll be able to put the salt water options to use here in the future down in FL. I'm also super excited about the new 200 that will be hanging off the back. Now I just need to figure out the prop specs. I'm thinking 14.5 x15. I think that is what the on water demo boat was rigged with and it was strong. I guess I can update my profile now!

Congrats on your new order. Sounds like it going to be a great boat for you.

Congrats and it sounds great!

Jack

Thanks Chris and Jack. The wife and I are really excited for it to come in and for spring to come around. Now we just need to get another lift so we're ready to go come April.

You're kickin' it up a notch here.  And we'll all be glad to see how the new 200 hp performs.

That motor has a different gear ratio than my F150 on the 24SSLX running a Reliance 15 pitch prop w/2.0 gear ratio.  I think with more horsepower and a 1.85 ratio lower unit, the 15 pitch prop will also be the one to use on your new boat.

You will find the engine to make a big difference vs. your old boat.  At normal cruising speeds, the bigger engine will be running effortlessly.  It'll run great.

Thanks Bama, I'm sure there will be a lot of boat posts coming during the off season with the 200 as well. They are not dropping our lake level this winter so as soon as the Ice comes off it will be in the water and I'll be sharing the results. I was also thinking a 15 pitch. I'm hoping to get 45 out of it. We'll see.

Looking good!! I'll have to figure out a logo for PAD members, maybe use my families moto underneath it, "It's only money". Haha my dad used to always say that when we were growing up, I guess that's where I got it from! 

Sweet boat!  I love our 150, I can't imagine what that 200 will be like coming off the 115!  Looking forward to hearing all the stats once you get it on the water.  It will be a long winter for you.  For all of us, really.  You don't have to have a new boat for the winter to seem too long.  I'm sure you will be more than happy.   Did you test drive this exact model with the 200 at the factory event?  You should have your wife video tape you the first time you go WOT.  Our 150 is a beast compared to the 115 we had...  200?  Wow.

Didn't go for the extended deck, huh?  We really like ours.  It adds a lot of room for fishing off the back deck.  It also pushes the ladder back a foot or so, making it just that much harder for one of the kids to kick the prop when swimming toward the boat to climb in.  The stainless ladder comes with the extended deck (at least it did in 2012)...  Just thought I'd mention that if it's not too late.  Might not be that much more considering you are paying for the ladder upgrade, but I have no idea how much more it would be.

Congrats on the new toy!!!

You didn't go in for the mahogany trim package????  Well at least you're getting the teak table!!!!!  LOL

May you get many, many years of enjoyment from your purchase.

Are you getting a 2013 or 2014 motor? We have a 2014 boat and a 2013 motor and I heard Yamaha was going to a six year warranty for the 2014 year class. Awesome boat I kinda wish we would have gotten the 200 You will have to let me know the top speed! Good luck cant wait to see some pictures!

Sounds like a great boat Andy, but I'm curious why you didn't get power steering? I love ours and wouldn't have a 150 and up without it.

Good point Carl. I got tired just trying to dump someone when I had the 90hp 2 tooner, it's one of the reasons we upgraded in the first place!, the first time.

When we test drove the 24 ssrx with sps and 200 Yamaha at the club event it had the sea star hydraulic and it steered fine. I could palm the steering and cut back and forth now problem. Most of our driving is straight line or drifting so we felt the hydraulic would suffice. Our boat is essentially the same as the water demo one but with different seating and some other options. And as for dumping someone off a tube, hopefully it doesn't take as long with a 200 than it did with a 90!! And Calamus, the purchase order is for a 2014 boat and 2014 motor. I'm dying for spring to get here so I can post up some photos and videos. You'll be sick of them before you know it!!! I'm hoping for 45mph. We'll see in a few months!

So Calamus, how trustworthy is your source that the 2014 motors come with a 6 year warranty. Is that with a promotion or without? Just curious as that would be awesome!

Nice job lakeliving.  You are correct that you need to own the first boat before you know what to order on the second boat, I to would have ordered a few things differently.  Maybe the Marinas should have a one year fair market lease option where at the end of one year you have a choice of walking away or purchasing it at market value

I think a lease program would be nice for some for sure, but in the meantime hopefully potential new buyers do their research and read the tales of Dan, myself and that crazy Canadian who wanted more after having their boats for a while and wanting more. Someone actually mentioned to me that I'll want another boat at the end of next year but I honestly think this boat will last us many of years.

Back