Perimeter L.E.D lighting

That looks great kmlmartel, bet you will be doing some night time cruising now

We love night cruises and it will be so much better now

Take care,

Kris

looks great!  cant wait to get our boat in the water.  We had about 2ft of snow still on the ground over easter in the U.P :-(

Alex...

Last edited by a moderator:
nice pics.

Love the sidelights

The pics also show the amazing success of getting this beast through a 7 ft-tall garage door.  So, are my pics not showing up in my thread because of the bug that has been occurring or am I supposed to be doing something different?

Did you follow these instructions?

Okay got it.  For some reason, the photobucket app didn't have an IMG button last night, only "Link" and "Email".  All figured out now.  Look out.  Lots of pics coming this Summer.

NICE !    :rolleyes:

How would you wire this 12amp LED setup to be controlled by one of the dash switches?  They are only rated for 5 amp.  I realize we can simply use the remote but I would prefer to utilize a ACC switch on the dash.

Thanks,

You would need to add a relay to switch a higher current. The dash switch turns the relay coil on and off.

Thank you..

It seems the best would be to get to IP68 which allows submersion... 

Has anyone looked at these silicone sleeves?  IS this what is on the factory LED side lights?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/waterproofing/st10-10mm-silicone-tubing/869/

or

http://www.ledstripbright.com/10mm-weatherproof-silicone-tubing-1-meter-length-p-779.html

I might just use these to make mounting easier as well.and they come as a complete tube, so I could connect the 2 strips then feed it into this...

Kells go to EZacdc website there led pontoon kit is exactly what bennington uses ip68 rated comes with waterproof connectors and harness everything you need for the install. I did goto Home Depot and get some 3/8 inch plastic wire loom to house the harness but overa easy install plus at 168 bucks much cheaper than the 800 price from factory

Kells go to EZacdc website there led pontoon kit is exactly what bennington uses ip68 rated comes with waterproof connectors and harness everything you need for the install. I did goto Home Depot and get some 3/8 inch plastic wire loom to house the harness but overa easy install plus at 168 bucks much cheaper than the 800 price from factory

Yea I'm thinking about just going that route... the more time I spend researching and thinking about it, I realize I would love the RGB option, but I would mostly use the Blue option 98% of the time.  I have installed probably 10 of these RGB kits throughout my house (niches and under / over cabinet lighting) but I realize that I only leave them on 1 setting and I would probably do the same with the boat anyway.  Then I have the issue of questioning if I did it right and will it last ect... this prefab option becomes more appealing.

Its tough to spend the $170 knowing I can get it done for $50, but my time is starting to become more valuable than it used to be :)

So the harness from the EZacdc snapped right in to an unused ACC switch on the panel without any modifications or issues?

Not sure (by year) if they're all set up the same. I unplugged the hot (orange) and ground (black) and piggybacked them onto the new incoming harness wires and plugged them back in. Easy-peasy.

The mounting tracks have 3M backing. I placed under the outside deck, drilled holes through both the track and into the deck and reinforced with #6? panhead ss screws (3 per section). The sealed LED strip snapped securely into the track and also has 3M backing. Done. Instructions come with the kit. I am not overly handy with this stuff and it went great.

I'm wondering if the 22-26' pontoon kit comes with a continuous strip longer than 5m.

Back