Perimeter L.E.D lighting

It has been a while spinzone. How you finding the new housew and promotion

It's been a rather hectic transition. I'm certainly ready to take some time this spring/summer/fall for myself to enjoy time on the water with the family!

Your toon is gonna go bad from non-use. B)

Your toon is gonna go bad from non-use. B)
Tell me about it. My wife keeps telling me I'm too stressed out these days. Boating was always my stress reliever! I give you my word, I'll put 60-70 hours on that machine this season for sure.

Hi Guys! So is it easier to install the side harness L.E.D.s with boat out of or in the water ?My guess out.Or does it matter.

Thanks Again!

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Out is always easier so you don't get wet. :D

Getting wet on the inside helps Carl

At this point in the middle of January in Illinois getting wet installing L.E.D. lights drinking a few beers in Wisconsin sound very good. :)

Jeff

Okay, i picked up waterproof led rope lights on amazon. Just bought one strand to do some testing.

Here they are with just the blue on. They have like 15 different colors, likely i will just use the blue, but seems kinda cool.

71AC72FD-AD70-41A6-9B26-D90D7B34183E-964-0000006F3D91725E.jpg

cant wait to install them

Alex...

Nice, got a link to the page you got them on ..... might have to start a new project now !!! :)

We have a 2275 GCW can anybody tell me how many feet I need for are boat to put them on the Side Harness

2275 is approx 22' long so depending on that, 44' should be enough for both sides but keep in mind if their are special wiring techniques or do you really need the full 22' lit. I'd go with 2-20 lengths if available.

Smitty

I really wanted to do this but at last years boat show, a vendor had them on an off-brand barge, turned on for display. A ranger of some sort came by and told them if he catches them on the water with them turned on that he would write them a ticket. He could be wrong and I have acquired the number of the person in charge of boating laws in Arkansas. Just need to follow up. Steve

I did my boat last year with a very similar product. It will take 3 16.5' or 5 meter strands to do both sides, skilled soldering to connect the two strands, several feet of wire to connect them to your controller, and power/ground wires to get the controller juiced up (ran mine to a spare accessory switch at the helm). The tape used on the backs of these is junk, so buy strong zip ties or plastic clips to screw the strands to the under decking.

Good luck!

Spinzone,

1. So a total of 6 strands, or 3 total strands?

2. Could you not just connect each strand separately to the controller, then to the switch?

TIA!

Padre,

You'd need a total of 3 strands at 5 meters or 16.5' approx each.

You could run 2 full length and 2 cut to length but it becomes more complicated. You need to run 4 strand wire back to your controller for 2 strands on each side (4 total). This could become a big project running it underneath the boat and through waterproof tubing. That's why I'm a proponent of soldering the two strands together with a short "jumper".

Btw.... The stranded wire is difficult to find. Here is the type I'm referring to.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/bar-strip-accessories/led-product/45/288/

Thanks Spinzone! This will be one of my first projects once spring hits. :)

Oh, PS: did you get all/most of your supplies from brightleds?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back